Applegreen - Cashiers/Team Member - Roy Rodgers, Auntie Anne, Sbarro's and Starbucks
South Midway Travel Plaza - Located in Bedford, PA
Competitive Pay $14.00
Applegreen is one of the largest Ireland retailers continuing to serve communities, offering quality, choice, and convenience, always!
At Applegreen, we believe that our team members are the heart of our success. We offer fantastic career opportunities and a great deal of our promotions are internal. As a company, we are constantly growing our business-but it's our people driving our success!
The Cashier/Team Member is responsible for performing a variety of duties within a fast food establishment which may include completing customer transactions, cleaning the food or stock areas, assisting in the kitchen area, and maintaining inventory; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager.
- Greets customers and takes food order; provides information about menus; looks for opportunity to "up-sell" products.
- Operates cash register and receives payment from customer in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required, and follows all customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
- Cleans and stocks work area
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate equipment with peripheral electronic data processing. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as needed
- Receives inventory, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies; maintain a solid knowledge of product and services available in unit
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed including wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and equipment
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to lift/push objects weighing over 40 lbs
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred
Why join Applegreen? We offer
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Discounted Meals
Established in Ireland in 1992, Applegreen is a convenience food and beverage retailer and operator of gas fillings stations and travel plazas with a major presence in the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the USA. We partner with a large number of high-quality international brands in each market including Starbucks, Burger King, Nathans, Dunkin Donut, Subway, Popeyes, KFC, Shake Shack, 7-Eleven, Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, in addition to our own proprietary Bakewell brand.
In 2021, Applegreen has been awarded a 33-year lease for the design, construction, financing, operation, and maintenance of the 27 motorway service areas on the New York State Thruway with the first sites became operational in July. In July 2021 Applegreen also completed the acquisition of 60 travel plazas from HMS Host.
Applegreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Applegreen prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination.
nt opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination.