Starting Pay Rate: $13 per hour
Shift Differential: For hours worked 4pm - 12 am ($.50/hour) or 12am - 8am ($1.00/hour)
Full-time opportunities available! Full-time positions offer generous benefit package including Health Plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision), PTO, Holiday Pay, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Weekly Pay, and much more!
Prepare food orders for guests in a manner that meets established quality standards. Professionally serves menu items to guests and handles payment transactions efficiently and effectively.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide timely, friendly and courteous service of menu items. Make every effort to ensure absolute customer satisfaction/provide outstanding customer service.
- Comply with policies and procedures related to food preparation, presentation, portioning and food storage. Maintain the highest food safety standards.
- Deter guest intoxication by monitoring number of alcoholic beverages served and visible signs of intoxication. Comply with F&B Department Alcoholic Beverages Control Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with sales transaction processing and reporting procedures for cash, credit cards, comps, discounts, coupons, gift certificates and room charges. Process gaming point redemption purchases on the POS System utilizing a guest's Club Meskwaki Card in accordance with established procedures. Adhere to Food & Beverage Variance Policy.
- Keep work area clean by wiping down all equipment and counters, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, sweeping and mopping the floor. Perform other cleaning tasks assigned.
- Follow established procedures for operating and cleaning equipment.
- Segregate and remove trash and garbage and place it in designated areas.
- Keep the casino seating area and tables clean for customers including, but not limited to, cleaning the floor and picking up paper, trash, popcorn, etc.
- Keep the condiment stations stocked and clean as needed with condiments, eating utensils, napkins, etc.
- Perform prep/side work as assigned.
- Ensure that all food items are properly stored at the right temperature, put in the right storage container and dated. Will be sure all equipment is stored properly.
- Keep pop cooler filled.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of a hand truck. Document product transfers and waste as directed.
- Share tips fairly. Report 100% of tips retained per departmental policy.
- Answer customer questions correctly concerning F&B venues, casino promotions, etc.
- Respond to customer complaints in a professional manner. Notify shift supervisor immediately of any/all complaints.
- Communicates and networks effectively with staff, other departments, and outside representatives in order to maintain a productive and effective department operation.
- Safeguard and account for the assets of the owners.
- Comply with policies and procedures required by the department, the company, the Sac & Fox Commission, and the National Indian Gaming Commission.
- Monitor the casino environment and follow established safety procedures to provide for the safety of guests and co-workers. Comply with all departmental safety regulations, using safety equipment as required.
- Work respectfully and effectively as part of the company team to ensure guest satisfaction, asset protection, and co-worker respect.
- Report to work on time and as required in professional attire, display a high level of personal cleanliness and follow personal appearance standards.
Supplemental Job Duties
- Assume responsibility for knowledge of all information in the arcade's Memo Book.
- Attend all required meetings and training sessions.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
May be exposed to loud and continual noise levels and a smoke filled environment. Substantial lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds will be required with occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds. Must be able to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time. Requires occasional bending, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, balancing, and pushing or pulling equipment. Must be able to handle extreme temperature variations and extremely warm room temperature levels. This position is prohibited from wearing jewelry (rings, earrings, watches, and etc.). Must wear tread safety shoes and adhere to position's dress code.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Knowledge/Education/Work Experiences: Must be at least 18 years of age. Previous deli or concessions work experience preferred. Must be able to obtain a gaming license in accordance to the regulations established by the Sac & Fox Gaming Commission.
Skills/Abilities: Must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with other members of the staff and guests. Must have basic math skills and ability to count money and make change correctly. Must be able to read and understand written policies, procedures, etc. Must be able to effectively communicate with fellow staff members. Must be reliable, courteous and friendly and be able to work directly with the general public. Must be flexible with shift and days off. Must be able to handle busy and stressful situations. Must be able to meet all non-supervisory training and education requirements.
Preference: Members of the Meskwaki Nation and other Native American Tribes who are qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given preference in accordance to established procedures.
This position is PROHIBITED from playing all casino games while on duty, except as authorized for employee tournaments. Otherwise, this position may play any casino game while off duty. Employees and members of the household are prohibited from entering company contests and giveaways established for our guests.