Let's start off with the most important part-what's in it for you:
Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K
- HSA/FSA Plans -with employer contribution
- Values Based Culture ()
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Employee Assistance Program
- "Columbia Cares" Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
- Third Party Perks (Including discounts on Pet Insurance, Rental Cars, Movie and Concert Tickets, Theme Park and Attractions & so much more)
- Cellphone Allowance
- Incentive Eligible
Our Commitment to you:
"People never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou's famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other's backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you'll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Maintains responsibility for day-to-day operation of the kitchen and has complete responsibility for the kitchen in its entirety, culinary experience, chef/cook experience
- Develops and implements procedures to ensure that all work practices meet or exceed the established standards
- Communicates daily with General Manager/Director of Food & Beverage for updates, changes and revisions to existing contracts
- Maintains standards for food quality, presentation, handling, sanitation and safety. Follows all appropriate policies and procedures
- Ensures timely and courteous follow-through on all client, guest, and team member requests
- Assists in the selection, supervision, training, development, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining, and counseling of culinary staff
- Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that empower and inspire employees to meet and exceed standards
- Monitors food and labor costs
- Conducts daily walk-through of all walk-in refrigerators, dry storage areas and food lines to ensure rotation, usage, cleanliness and proper sanitation
- Utilizes specification sheets to prepare daily preparation requirements, maintains par levels of necessary items
- Prepares and manages creation of new menu items
- Ensures attractive, consistent presentations of food items, both buffet and plated Interacts/supervises line cooks to monitor quality, presentation and consistency of food items prepared
- Handles all culinary needs and accommodates customer requests in a timely manner
- Sets up, re-stocks, maintains, and cleans food preparation areas
- Responsible for ensuring presentation standards are meet for all hot and cold items
- Reads and interprets recipes
- Conducts product inventories, ordering and receiving of product
- Responsible for team maintenance of grooming standards
- Responsible for team adherence to standards for sanitation and safe food handling
- Responsible for all opening and closing kitchen procedures
The Nitty Gritty
- A culinary arts degree and/or equivalent training with 7+ years in industry and 2+ years of experience in culinary management role in a similar environment
- Must possess excellent business communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries
- Ability to manage according to employment and industry-relevant laws
- To successfully perform the duties described, conflict management and negotiation skills are required
- Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks, work in stressful situations with shifting priorities
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer programs.
- Must demonstrate excellent people skills and a professional, friendly, and enthusiastic demeanor
- Be detail-oriented, reliable and punctual, and have exceptional organizational skills
Don't meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you'll work:
Nestled on more than a mile of Yellowstone riverfront, and just 35 minutes from Yellowstone National Park, Sage Lodge is inspired by anglers, but beckons to outdoor enthusiasts of all kinds. Looking our at majestic Emigrant Peak, the Lodge blends the raw and rugged beauty of Paradise Valley with distinctive Montana hospitality. The expansiveness of Montana's unspoiled terrain is right outside your door for hiking, horseback riding, biking, fishing, and so much more. All conveniently located just 50 minutes from Bozeman.
Sage Lodge offers 50 rustically elegant guestrooms each. Guests can take in the views of the Montana horizon while dining in the Fireside Room. Experience the softer side of the wild west at The Spa at Sage Lodge with relaxing and revitalizing body treatments.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability Creativity Enthusiasm Honesty Inclusion Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.