Commerce Casino is the world's largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as "Where the World Comes to Play." Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Under direction of designated venue Sous Chef, the Cook lead leads all cooks in production and preparation of food/menu items for guest consumption on designated shifts; ensures that cooks utilize only approved recipes, cooking methods and ingredients as set by Food & Beverage/Culinary Management; repositions cooks, when needed, to ensure time goals for operations are met; maintains all food, equipment and kitchens to set health codes and casino standards; maintains positive, team oriented and accommodating attitude toward guests (internal as well as external), fellow team members and management at all times.
1. Assists with maintaining designated workstation throughout all levels of business flow; ensures that recipes, flavor profiles, consistency in quality, appearance and production time frames are adhered to for all menu/food items being produced on assigned station; ensures food service lines are fully stocked for forecasted business flow and restock before end of shift.
2. Possesses an above average knowledge of basic food products (meat, poultry, fish, produce, dry goods, etc.), and standard food production equipment; possesses above average knife skills; ability to perform basic cooking methods, as well as the ability to multitask within those basic cooking methods, to ensure no interruption in servicing of the guests.
3. Possesses adequate understanding of the food rotation method "FIFO" and is directly responsible for ensuring cooks are labeling and dating all food items on their designated stations as well as the kitchen as a whole; make sure all food items are within expiration dates or if not that they are disposed of and properly logged on waste sheets.
4. Possesses the ability to read recipes, production lists and any other necessary collateral paperwork, such as diagrams and logs, to be able to perform necessary duties as well as explain to and train cook staff on how to use these items efficiently.
5. Maintains acceptable attendance record and be at workstation at scheduled time, in proper uniform and ready to work.
6. Reports any injuries, accidents or possible unsafe work environment issues to management immediate when identified, at all times.
7. Performs any job responsibilities and or tasks deemed necessary by Culinary Management within the scope of this position and business needs of the department.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS - ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Primary work environment is in a climate-controlled restaurant environment within a gaming facility. Incumbents may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
2. Employee may be exposed to highly stressful situations where a great deal of tact and diplomacy is necessary.
3. Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person.
4. Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
5. Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities, guests and employees.
6. Strength sufficient to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds below or at waist level and occasionally lift, move or carry objects over 50 pounds below and at waist level.
7. Mobility sufficient to safely move in a restaurant and gaming facility; handle or feel objects, tools or controls, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
8. Endurance sufficient to sit, walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours.
9. Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
10. The employee will be exposed potential physical hazards (hot ovens/stoves, sharp blades, automated equipment) which require constant attention to environment/surroundings.
11. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
12. The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
Commerce Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.