There's never been a better time to join TravelCenters of America! For more than 50 years, millions of professional truck drivers and motorists have called our travel centers home, depending on us daily for fuel, food, truck maintenance and essential services.
Driven by a passionate team, TA is focused on growing its network of travel centers, implementing cutting edge technology and embarking on innovative alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.
From our locations across the country, to our corporate headquarters in Westlake, Ohio, every team member is a stakeholder in TA's success. This environment offers endless career opportunities for individuals interested in sharing their ideas, growing with the company and shaping TA's future.
TravelCenters of America offers a convenient, one-stop shopping experience to our customers. Each location has a plethora of dining options which gives our guests the variety they look for. The Restaurant General Manager leads the operations and marketing functions of the full-service restaurant. Additional responsibilities include staffing, training and development, general supervision of the staff, and improving profitability. The General Manager ensures we are returning every traveler to the road better than they came!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Be a leader and inspire your team to meet and exceed company performance standards and improve the potential of the restaurant (i.e. fast and friendly customer service, good product knowledge, up-beat atmosphere, etc.)
- Develop a trusting atmosphere that is conducive to receiving feedback from team members and guests; coach and performance manage staff according to company policy
- Serve each customer courteously, quickly and efficiently with a sincere, positive, pleasant and enthusiastic attitude
- Provide great tasting / quality food, and a clean restaurant environment for all guests
- Recruit, hire, train and retain high-quality team members according to company guidelines and create a culture where team members feel respected and recognized for their achievements
- Achieve financial objectives through effective management of people, product, service and facility processes, including a focus on the revenue and profit components
- Oversee payroll, accounting, inventory and personnel documentation procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness in reporting and compliance with state and federal laws
- Adhere to safety standards and abide by standards of operation. Follow company guidelines on vendor relationships
- Stay abreast of competitive practices that could have an impact on business; offers insights and recommendations to leadership
- Assumes duties of any hourly associate position as necessary
What we'd like to see:
- A servant leader who sets the example when working alongside team members
- The ability to lead, motivate, train and develop people to unleash the talent within each team member
- High School Diploma (or GED) required. Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in the full-service restaurant industry preferred
- Proficient planning and analytical skills (i.e. understanding the calculations on the P&L, coverage ratio, budget & expense report, etc.)
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and some holidays
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Operational understanding of POS software
- A valid driver's license is required
With us, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive wages and annual bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site meal discounts
- A wide variety of discounts on technology, travel, food and fuel
- Opportunity for growth and advancement with company paid training
- Relocation Assistance (relocation not required)
Not all benefit plans are available to all team members. For a more comprehensive list of benefits, please visit
$52,000.00 - 60,000.00 annually
A pay range listed reflects the potential pay for this role. The pay will depend on various factors, such as responsibilities of the position, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Not all positions posted will have a pay range listed.
Our travel centers serve thousands every day; not one traveler is the same and our team must reflect that. We can "return every traveler to the road better than they came" only by understanding and celebrating individualism. TravelCenters of America is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, familial status, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, handicap, military service or Veteran status, genetic information or membership in any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. At TravelCenters of America, we invite everyone to make themselves at home.
Individuals with a disability may
request a reasonable accommodation related to our recruiting process. If you
would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process,
please email us at . In your email, please include your
first and last name, phone number, the position and location for which you are
applying, and details pertaining to the accommodation request.
Typical Physical Demands
In this role, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. Standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, bending over, crouching, crawling, climbing, and repetitive use of legs are done occasionally. The team member is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs and/or move heavy objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. All performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While performing these duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times. While performing these duties, the employee may be exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions, etc.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.