Wolfoods operates summer camp kitchens across the country between May - September.
We are looking for and experienced, motivated, and capable BAKERS/ PASTRY CHEFS
This is a HANDS-ON & demanding position
All Culinary staff will live on site at the job location - Room, Board, & Travel Assistance are provided.
The position requires the ability to flawlessly execute the Wolfoods Camp Food Service Program. You must be able to facilitate the duties and responsibilities of creating, implementing, and maintaining the Service & Culinary needs of the assigned camp. You must be able to maintain clean and comfortable surroundings, in a fast-paced environment, while ensuring correct service timing, food quantity, and food quality are accurately provided for all meal periods and special requests.
This position requires the ability to communicate with children, exchange students, front and back of house staff, directors, managers, counselors, leaders, specialists, and diners professionally and effectively. A keen sense of urgency is a must for this position, and you must be able to answer all Service & Culinary related questions, in accordance with Wolfoods Standards of Service Guidelines.
Our Culinary Professionals must perform skilled scratch made food production while supervising and coaching support staff in the kitchen and dining hall. This work requires initiative, leadership, hands-on self-reliance, judgement, teaching, and ability to delegate tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control Inventory
- Assist in Assembling Orders
- Project Management
- Uphold Wolfoods Standards of Service & Quality
- Maintain Health Department Sanitation Standards
- Manage Staff
- Client Relations
- Follow the comprehensive Woolfoods Camp Food Training Program
- Attend related in-service training and staff meetings
- Use weights and measures to properly execute recipes
- Prep and bake all bakery items for the menu and special events
- Follow standardized recipes
- Ensure production has accurate timing, quantity, quality, and plating
- Supervise bakery personnel
- Actively engaged in planning, scheduling, directing, and training
- Understand the importance in cross utilization
- Understand the importance of utilizing excess production/leftovers
- Estimate baking needs, establish par levels, order adequate supplies, and maintain inventory
- Ensure bakery area and equipment are maintained to health standards
- Teach and enforce safety regulations
- Specialized Decorating
- Assist in developing and tasting recipes
- Assists in planning bakery products menu
- May act as kitchen supervisor in the absence of other Wolfoods staff
- Safe Special Diet and Allergen food preparation
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years High Volume Commercial Kitchen Experience
- Minimum three professional references required with application submission
- Proficient in relevant skills relating to specific role
- Quality Driven
- Ability to self-motivate
- Able to both lead a team & take direction
- Minimum 6-day 70-hr work week
- Ability to work under pressure in environments that are above/below average temperatures
- Must live on-site in a rural setting with the possibility of shared living spaces
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stretch and reach for extended periods of time
- Must posses a ServSafe Allergens Certification before the start of camp (Company Sponsored)
- Must be able to bake from scratch
Ideal candidates are:
- Looking for seasonal, summer opportunities.
- Enjoy the challenge of a high-volume production kitchen and dining facility
- Embrace a teaching and learning culture
- Get excited about being a part of a team and community
- Are available to relocate for the summer season in a rustic living environment
Employment Package Includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus System
- Transportation Expense Assistance
- Seasonal Summer Contracts
About Wolfoods, Inc.
WOLFoods breaks away from the standard approach towards "camp food" by eliminating the standard Freezer to Table fare and improving it with Home Style Scratch Cooking. Partnering with Camps committed to offering campers healthy, fresh, and delicious foods, WOLFoods is changing the perception of camp food into something more of suitably called Camp Cuisine. Summer Camp Kitchens and Dining Halls are a great opportunity to educate campers on the importance of Balanced Diets and Green Initiatives. A diverse menu offering allows campers to not only enjoy their favorites, but to experience culture through exploring cuisine. Each meal offers something freshly baked on site by one of our professional bakers in the camp Bakery. Campers can enjoy perfectly executed entrees or they may enjoy an offering from the Morning Fruit and Yogurt Bar at breakfast and during lunch and dinner, the Salad Bars. No camper is left without personalized care. Any camper requiring Special Diets is attended to with the importance by one of our trained chefs. Wolfoods is practiced and prepared to cook for an array of diets ranging from Kosher to Nut Free, or Gluten Free to Vegan.
The above information is general in nature and level of work expected; it is not intended to be interpreted as an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this role. Wolfoods Food Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.