We are currently looking to build and strengthen our team with another Sous Chef. The Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef & works collaboratively with the Restaurant Management Team to achieve common goals. This role is integral to the operation of Mack's Bingo with an emphasis on cultivating a work environment that provides direction and purpose, nurtures growth, and fosters teamwork. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys a team driven environment and is passionate about making this the best work experience they can for others. Someone who has significant management experience is preferred but not required. Kitchen and personnel management experience is required for this position.
- Ensure that day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently while promoting the culture, values, and mission of Farms Work Wonders
- Coordinating hiring, scheduling, and training procedures in conjunction with the Executive Chef
- Oversee and guide the performance of the BOH team during the assigned shift
- Oversee BOH opening and/or closing procedures, ensuring that all tasks are completed accurately and efficiently
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively, ensuring smooth workflow and efficient use of resources
- Knowledge and capacity to cover a hot or cold station should the need present itself
- Provide training, coaching, and feedback to ensure high quality standards
- Monitor the back of house area to ensure cleanliness, proper setup, and adherence to health and safety standards
- Monitor team attendance, punctuality, and adherence to company policies
- Collaboratively develop common goals and objectives with the management team for individual and enterprise success
- Support the development of Junior Crew members
- Conduct or participate in team check-in's and performance reviews to monitor performance goals and skill development
- Grow and maintain partnerships with all corresponding FWW departments and enterprises; assist Executive Chef in driving communication between the Bakery, Front of House and all Farms Work Wonders departments and enterprises
- Monitor inventory levels, track supply usage, and place orders as needed to avoid shortages
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef on menu research & development for Mack's Bingo Kitchen & any offsite events.
- Collaborate with Executive Chef regarding sourcing & vendor relationships
EXPECTED WORK SCHEDULE The Sous Chef is a full-time position and expected to work a minimum of 40 hours week, 5 days a week (Mornings & Evenings) inclusive of weekends and some government holidays. The anticipated schedule would be Wednesday through Sunday, but subject to change.
- Previous experience in a culinary management position.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a culinary environment.
- Ability to work in a standing environment for 8 hours.
- Must obtain Food Handlers License (cost is absorbed by Farms Work Wonders)
- Ability to perform & execute basic cooking skills, including cooking on the line
- Must be able to work independently.
- Desire to work in a team driven environment with a focus on support and guidance.
- Most positions at FWW require you to be 18 years or old and have a valid driver's license
COMPENSATION This position is classified as exempt with an annual salary starting at $45,000. In addition to competitive pay, we offer the following benefits for regular, full-time employees:
- generous paid time off structure
- employer-paid medical and life insurance
- dental and vision insurance
- short-term disability
- discount on items in the market
- paid training and scholarship opportunities
HOUSING Housing options may be available.
ABOUT FARMS WORK WONDERS Farms Work Wonders is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to ignite the spark of curiosity in Appalachian youth so they see themselves and their future in new and exciting ways. We create living classrooms to provide real-life learning experiences and generate proceeds that are 100% reinvested back into the local community. In 2016, Farms Work Wonders launched the Wardensville Garden Market project-an organic farm, market, and bakery that has currently created over 100 local, good-paying jobs with most held by local high school students, and we continue to grow.
Farms Work Wonders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.