FULL-TIME SEASONAL & YEAR ROUND POSITIONS AVAILABLE
This is where we're supposed to give you a quick introduction about working at Jay Peak. Except there's nothing quick about what your experiences will be or what our expectations are. In summary, we will expect you to work hard, to help fellow teammates, to service the guest and to have fun. In return, we will pay you fairly, let you know (and more importantly make you feel) that you are valued, and, if you're so inclined, work with you to help create a career. Still interested? Keep reading.
The Sous Chef coordinates activities of and directs training of chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes and age of menu.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions and garnishing of food to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them to ensure consistent quality.
- Devises special dishes and develops recipes.
- Familiarizes newly hired Chefs and Cooks with practices of kitchen and oversees training of Cook Apprentices.
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards for restaurant.
- Maintains organized and clean work environment.
- Directly supervises up to 10 employees in the kitchen. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be ServSafe certified
- Opportunity to attend the seminar will be provided in some cases
- Ability to be creative and willing to try new recipes and ideas
WHY WORK AT JAY PEAK?
We're a team of good-natured folks at the heart and soul of a growing resort community. Our co-workers are our friends, so we happily go the extra mile for each other and our guests. We're rewarded fairly for our collective efforts and encouraged to pursue individual goals. We're a family, one that gets to choose its members. We strive for an authentic, community driven Resort that derives its vitality from the on-mountain experience, respect for its history & what has come before it, and its employees whose energy and spirit are its foundation. It's not for everyone but we're not looking for everyone-we're looking for you.
IF YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET
Jay Peak Resort is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Jay Peak Resort will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities may be provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, or for a full listing of all physical demands/requirements, working conditions, environment, and all other ability qualifications for this role please contact the Human Resources office at or .
- Wages starting at $24 per hour
- Paid Sick Time
- 401k program eligibility with employer match after a year of employment with 1,000 hours of service
- FREE or deeply discounted season passes for you and your dependents
- Employee Recognition Programs (including daily, monthly, yearly, and seniority programs)
- Seasonal employee parties
- Regular free employee breakfasts/lunches, family events, and parties
- For a full listing of employee perks both on and off-property, click here