5000 Common Cir, Carrabassett Valley, ME 04947
5 shifts, Days & Nights - 2 days off
Full Time/Year Round
Job Perks are amazing if you are a skier or rider who loves to play in your off time. You can enjoy Sugarloaf's Ski Pass & there is opportunity for Seasonal Bonus when you become part of the Shipyard Brewing Team.
Position: Kitchen Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Kitchen Service Manager
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness
ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Create a positive, professional and safe working environment for all employees.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms and reports in an organized and timely manner.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
• Work with Senior Management to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and standards for all new menu items. Ensure that food cost standards are met.
• Writes and costs weekly specials
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, walls, hoods, other equipment, including trash and dumpster areas and food storage areas.
• Oversee the maintenance of proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
• Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
• Maintain a professional and positive working relationship with all purveyors.
• Complete monthly inventory
RESULTS UPON WHICH PERFORMANCE IS EVALUATED:
• Guests are delighted with flavor and presentation of food
• Meals are delivered to guests in a timely manner
• Food cost is at target of 31%
• Inventory is well managed
• Health department inspections reveal no critical violations, minor violations are corrected on the spot
• Quality standards are met or exceeded
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook, cold line and expediter.
• Culinary talent and expertise
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.