Add this link to your browser to preview "A place that can take your career anyplace"
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Illuminarium Experiences a digitally delivered, global experiential entertainment brand. Illuminarium creates, produces, markets, and manages immersive entertainment spectacles that are presented in custom-designed venues called "Illuminariums". What museums are to art, cinemas to movies and concert halls to music, Illuminariums are to experiential entertainment. With venues of approximately 25,000 square feet and 20+ foot high ceilings, Illuminarium finds existing real estate and then custom designs the interiors, installing state of the art projection and sound systems. The result: Illuminariums become reprogrammable immersive theaters that surround visitors in a sensory space of 360x360 sight, sound and scale unlike any other.
As a Line Cook, you are responsible for delivering the ultimate experience for our guests. Illuminarium Café and outdoor patio offers a unique Food & Beverage experience, inspired by ingredients and customs that align with the attraction. This means that guests can order local cuisine from Africa or sample unique cocktails inspired by the universe. Line Cooks will utilize storytelling introducing unique flavors, encouraging guests to experience something they have never tried before. Café team members will be integral to the successful execution of our client's events. At illuminarium we strive to democratize experiences and thus our team members need to be alert and observant, making every guest feel acknowledged and taken care of.
- Follows Executive Chef, Sous Chefs procedures for opening and closing and food preparation
- Implements, oversees kitchen operations and food quality in absence of the Executive Chef
- Acts as kitchen in-charge when requested by Chef or management
- Prepares food items by complying with portion size, quality standards, departmental rules, policies and procedures
- Maintains HACCP standards ensuring a high-quality level of food, food temperatures, rotation of product, cleanliness and sanitation standards
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen including walk-in coolers, dry storage, shelves, walls, floors and drains
- Ensures all food preparation equipment is clean and sanitized and that it is kept in a safe and operable condition; report issues to lead or supervisor
- Identifies and stores meats, poultry, seafood, pasta, starches, dairy products, and all other food items according to established standards
- Participates as a team player with specific responsibilities as related to preparation, excellent service and delivery of product
- Must maintain a positive and outgoing demeanor when interacting with guests, colleagues and visitors to Illuminarium
- Assist with set-up, preparation-for and tear-down operations for events
- Perform other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- One to two years of prior proven culinary experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook in a fast-paced restaurant or hospitality venue
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Elevated time management, organizational, and prioritizing skills
- Able to be self-motivated and work independently and as a team player
- Able to attain detailed information related to all Illuminarium products, promotions & services
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned production tasks including constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and transport food and other items weighing up to 30 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and additional job specific safety training
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.