Capital City Club- Crabapple
Capital City Club -Crabapples Culinary Department is looking to hire an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and team-focused individual for our Line Cook position. Position includes Full-time hours, an hourly rate, health vision, life, dental insurance, 401(k) with a company match, hot meal, and uniforms. The position is high volume with great cross-training opportunities on sauté and grill stations.
Unique Culinary schedule: The kitchen is open from 7 am to 7 pm daily outside of special events. Typical 8 hour workday will fall in this timeframe.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
Position Reports to Executive Chef and or Sous Chef
- Adept understanding of professional cooking, executing recipes, and cooking on the line
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- 1+ Year Scratch cooking experience
- English language and professional communications skills are required
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, and be organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand basic cooking directions, this is a member-facing position
All job applicants at this company who have been offered employment will need to undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition for employment.