The Line Cook prepares food exactly to the Executive Chef's specifications and manages all food stations for menu execution.
- Set up and stock all food stations with necessary supplies
- Prep all needed food items for service
- Execute menu items according to specifications and standards
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Ensure that all food is made in a timely fashion and always in high quality
- Clean up station and take care of any leftover or "bad" food according to the chef
- Stock inventory of stations
- Certify that all nutrition and sanitation regulations are kept
- Cooking experience
- Clear understanding of menu items
- Understand and responsible for prepping ingredients
- Strong grasp on various cooking methods, food items, equipment, etc.
- Multitask in a high volume kitchen
- Basic math and written communication skills
- Handle hot and cold work conditions during food preparation
- Continuous reaching, bending, lifting, carrying items up to 30 lbs.
- Stand and move around for the entirety of the scheduled shift
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred).
- 2 or 4 year culinary degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in food service/hospitality field
- Food handler's card may be required according to local and or state regulations