Line Cook - The Lodge
Interlachen Country Club is seeking line cooks for our new restaurant, The Lodge. We are redefining casual country club dining, exploring global inspiration while honoring classic preparations in our newest outlet, The Lodge. Our modern approach will make way for exciting but familiar dishes such as hand-tossed brick oven pizzas, house-cured and smoked meats, and seasonal soups and salads. Thoughtfully designed by award-winning firm Shea, The Lodge features four open-air garage doors, exposed brick, cozy fireplaces, and equal indoor and outdoor seating on our new West Campus.
We believe in serving from the heart. We are looking for teammates who embody our values of Honesty, Enthusiasm, Anticipation, Respect, and Teamwork. Our work environment is purpose-driven, fast-paced, and focused on exceeding our member's and team's expectations.
Learn more about Interlachen and culture by visiting us at the link below:
The Interlachen Experience:
Interlachen is proud to provide our culinary team with industry-leading tools, resources, and support. Join a healthy kitchen culture focused on mentorship and growth under the leadership of chefs from some of the top restaurants in the Twin Cities and beyond, including Restaurant Alma, Meritage, CoV, and The Ritz-Carlton. Working at Interlachen looks different each day. From time in our garden learning about soil and companion planting to curating a multi-course wine dinner to building the best cobb salad or club sandwich, everyone on our team has the opportunity to grow and make a positive impact.
Locally sourced, house-cured, and seasonal are the fundamentals of our menus. Supported by growers, farmers, and ranchers throughout Minnesota and the Midwest, we source the best ingredients we can get our hands on. Food is often at the heart of our members' most cherished moments and memories. Every dish, regardless of the occasion or venue, is crafted and prepared with the same passion and commitment to quality.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Create dishes for The Lodge to Interlachen's culinary standards.
- Support our chefs and fellow team members with daily tasks to ensure readiness for service.
- Work with seasonal ingredients and concepts.
- Work collaboratively with the team, both HOH and FOH.
- Hone your current skills while learning new techniques and sharpening your technique.
- Take pride in our food, treating every dish that goes out as your own.
- Support your fellow team members and contribute to a healthy, positive culture.
Ideal Qualifications and Attributes:
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 1-2 years of kitchen experience preferred; we are committed to continuous training and mentorship.
- Basic knife experience and food safety and sanitation knowledge are required.
- Hungry - You are eager to take your cooking to the next level. New and exciting dishes inspire you.
- Growth Mindset - You crave a kitchen focused on mentorship, excellence, and constantly raising the bar.
- Positive - You naturally have an upbeat attitude and share that enthusiasm with the people around you.
- Curious - New and fresh ingredients inspire you. You want to get your hands on the best stuff.
- Coachable - You take feedback gracefully and run with it, always open to learning more.
- We are currently recruiting talented individuals for a start date in late September of 2023.
- AM and PM shifts are available; PM hours are preferred.
Salary, Benefits, and Perks:
- Competitive Compensation: $20-$25/hr.
- Complimentary uniforms
- Free on-site parking
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day
- Time and a half on working holidays
- Annual holiday bonus
- Complimentary meals and beverages daily
- Golf Course, pool, and racquet sports access on select Mondays
- Team member appreciation and recognition events and awards
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with 6% Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
Interlachen's mission is to "Enrich the lives of our members by providing outstanding championship golf and family experiences." The Club's golf course, ranked in Minnesota and among the Top 100 in the United States, has hosted several national and international championships. In addition to golf, Interlachen's members enjoy best-in-class dining, fitness, aquatics, racquet sports, winter recreation, and family and social events.
In 2023, Interlachen is investing more than $32 million in its golf course and facilities. The project includes an Andrew Green golf course restoration, a new casual restaurant and event space, a new fitness center, new indoor and outdoor racquet courts, and industry-leading spaces for team members to do their best work.
Interlachen Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants.