My Sisters House - Atlanta, GA
$16.00 - $17.00 Hourly
Nonprofit - Social Services
Do you feel called to serve in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to serve where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Are you looking for a life-changing work experience?
If so, consider joining us at the Atlanta Mission, where we provide life-transforming experiences for everyone that joins our team: employees, clients, donors, and volunteers. We serve over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to experience and witness radical life transformations.
As a Line Cook, you will serve within our ministry by performing various food preparation duties.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Prepares a wide variety of foods for 300 + people
- Follows a recipe and improvise when there is a shortage of ingredients
- Prepares components of each dish from our menu
- Adheres to serving portion sizes and basic meal prep procedures
- Sets up and breakdown workstations to serve meals, while adhering to a schedule
- Stands for eight hours or more a day
- Ensures that all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet required established standards
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in kitchen and dining area as required by established standards
- Works with team of clients, temp and/or volunteers to do prep work for other shifts
- Monitors product freshness and rotate dates using the FIFO method (First In, First Out)
- Monitors, organizes, disperses and properly stores inventory
- Leads clients, temps and/or volunteers when Supervisor is not present
You will uphold the following Christ-Centered values:
- Humbly Serve: You strive to live, Love and Lead like Jesus
- Faithfully Steward: You honor and wisely use the time, talent and treasures that God has provided
- Courageously Innovate: You are driven towards excellence, you continuously learn, adapt and improve
- Joyfully Celebrate: You intentionally appreciate and recognize all that God is doing in and through all the stakeholders of Atlanta Mission.
- Strength in Unity: You embrace God's desire for oneness and kingdom-focused unity.
- At least 1 year of food service operation
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-pace kitchen environment
- Demonstration of reference from at least one professional that can attest to skill capability
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate noise as in a Dining services environment
- Medium exposure to communicable disease as outlined by OSHA