About Ladybird Taco:
Ladybird Taco is on a mission to bring life-giving hospitality to our communities. Each day in our shops we serve up the best tacos, coffee, and salads with genuine care for one another.
Are you a team player who's open to growing and learning new things? Are you looking to break into the restaurant/service industry and want a job where you can get your hands dirty? Are you an individual who wants a job where you can be yourself?
We hope for this position to feed directly into a full time position at our new Birmingham location, set to open up in February 2023.
Ladybird Taco Benefits:
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free Ladybird Taco gear
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
- Competitive wages (note: since this commissary position is not tipped, a higher hourly rate range is shown below. Upon opening our new location, team members transitioning locations will also transition from non tipped, to lower pay rates plus tips).
You must be able to perform the following job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
As a Team Member working in the Kitchen, you will be an ambassador of the Ladybird and our core values. You will be an integral part of the guest experience, through the creation of delicious, high-quality food. It's your job to ensure that we're serving our guests products that live up to the quality and food safety standards that we pride ourselves on. You will report directly to the General Manager, who will be working with you most, if not all shifts.
You must be a true team player, willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly. Every team member at Ladybird Taco is responsible for upholding our core values.
Team Member responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensure all food meets food safety and quality standards to eliminate cross-contamination on the front line
- Prep all cold and hot food items using prep worksheets
- Follow proper knife safety procedures
- Operate oven and hot prep equipment, ensure proper time/temp of all hot and cooked foods
- Operate fit-wash, robot coupe and all other cold prep equipment
- Maintain clean, food-safe dish and prep stations throughout shift
- Set up and break down oven station, maintain clean and organized hot prep zone and equipment
- Manage communication between Hospitality Team Members and Kitchen, inventory front line, prep zones, oven and walk-in to determine needs. Ensure areas are always stocked
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing menu + ingredients
- Put received orders away
- Caring, humble, and hungry attitude
- Food, Restaurant, Team and/or Customer Service experience
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Knowledge of proper food safety handling
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with kitchen and food prep equipment
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- Ability to read and comprehend information at a close range at a close range, and follow instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and, stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Subject to exposure to cleaning chemicals
Ladybird Taco provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Compensation: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
We're a Fast Craft Restaurant offering tacos and coffee while practicing Courageous Hospitality in the pursuit of Life Giving Community.