Reports To (Title): Restaurant General Manager
Department: Field Operations
Job Objective: To prepare and cook food products as specified by the Manager in Charge of the Shift while adhering to the specifications and procedures contained in the Cooking Section of the Church's Operating Standards Manual (the "OSM"). Accomplishes tasks in a timely, clean and orderly manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sets up the batter table, collects all necessary smallwares, and prepares batter mix.
- Ensures that call sheets are complete, posted and used.
- Checks all equipment and immediately reports any malfunctions within the area to the Manager in Charge.
- Color balances fryers and adds sufficient shortening so that the proper shortening level can be maintained.
- Filters and cleans all fryers at the designated times while following all guidelines of safety (including use of provided safety equipment).
- Pans sufficient chicken for operational needs.
- Prepares and cooks all food product as dictated by the needs of the business and at the direction of the Manager in Charge.
- Ensures that all food product meets the specifications, procedures and quality standards at stated in the SOM, including strict observance of designated holding times.
- Maintains a clean work area by practicing "clean-as-you-go" practices while following all of the guidelines/procedures of sanitation and safety.
- Verifies all necessary product and supplies are stocked and available at the batter area.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the cooler.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by Manager in Charge of Shift.
Physical Demands: (minimum qualifications needed to perform the Essential Job Functions)
Lifting Requirements - Medium to Heavy (lifting up to 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally).
Cook must be able to:
- Continuously stand and/or walk on hard floors to prepare and cook food, get stock items, and transport items to/from the kitchen, stock room, food prep area and front lines for periods of up to eight (8) hours.
- Frequently lift and stack 35 to 50 pounds of food and supply items from various heights from and onto shelving, in freezers, coolers, stockroom, etc. Occasionally carry individual stock items weighing up to 75 pounds from the stock rooms, coolers, freezers to other areas of the restaurant.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pound trash bags out of trash cans and into the outside dumpster.
- Frequently push or pull batter table, filter machine, trash cans, brooms, mops, and mop buckets.
- Occasionally to frequently climb a foot stool or ladder to reach items located on stack shelves, in coolers, freezers, stockrooms, etc.
- Frequently stoop or squat to reach items on low shelves or on the floor.
- Continuously reach overhead, forward, and underneath shelving, counters, tables, refrigeration units, racks, drink dispensers, fryers, batter table and ovens.
- Continuously handle a variety of shapes and sizes and textures of items which include, but are not limited to: Dairy products, produce, condiments, meat/poultry, bulk stock items, and paper work.
- Continuously use fingers to bilaterally prepare food, unload boxes, etc.
- Continuously communicate with and listen to customers, management and other team members to ensure optimal performance.
- Continuously see to be aware of surroundings and locations of items needed, as well as to perform job duties.
1. If you're hungry for a career that's fun, fast-paced and loaded with opportunity, then you've come to the right place. At Church's , we're not your typical quick service restaurant. We make real comfort food that makes a difference in peoples' lives. And for over 60 years, our restaurant has been a place where hard-working people can get ahead and go on to do amazing things by serving others.
2. Church's Chicken is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.