Lenbrook Square Foundation 3747 Peachtree Rd NE - Atlanta, GA
High School Diploma or GED
The menus in each of our five dining rooms at Lenbrook are creative, intriguing and diverse, as is our staff! You'll find more desirable hours compared to retail restaurants and a variety of restaurant types from Fine Dining to more casual fare and a few in between. You won't have to rely on tips so you can deliver the best service knowing you will be compensated accordingly. Please join our community of competent and caring Associates. Our work schedules and benefits are terrific!
We have a variety of employee benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 401k plan, short-term and long-term disability.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Use portion-control procedures; sanitize work areas, equipment, floors, dishes and utensils; check trays for menu and diet preferences.
• Ensure proper storage of foods and supplies; adhere to universal sanitation precautions, and infection-control policies and procedures.
• Prepare foods and snacks, according to written instructions (menus) and verbal clarifications.
• Completes food temperatures checks and records results for each meal.
• Report hazardous conditions and equipment, accidents and incidents.
• Review menus with immediate supervisor prior to preparation of food.
• Review with immediate supervisor that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Must be able to read and write English and follow written and verbal directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
Skills and Aptitude Required:
• Must possess and exhibit a positive attitude toward customer service, have a genuine interest in geriatric care, and uphold the philosophy.
• Understand, comply with and promote rules regarding residents' rights.
• Promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
• Must have basic knife skills and an understanding of basic food cuts.
• Must have an understanding of basic cooking methods, roasting, sauteing, braising.
• Must be able to maintain control of food delivery while under stressful conditions.
• Must have a good understanding of food safety practices.
• Must be able to stand and walk short distances for long periods of time.
• Requires bending, twisting from side to side at the waist, reaching above, below and at shoulder height, push-ing and pulling.
• Ability to distinguish smells and temperatures.
• Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds.
• Must be able to concentrate and multi-task in a noisy environment with interruptions and distractions.
• Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam, if required.
• Must be able to withstand extended periods of time on your feet on tile floors.
• Must be able to withstand swings in temperature from hot to very cold.