Summary of Responsibilities
Execute all kitchen operations ensuring the restaurant and company standards of quality and service are met. Develop quality products through consistent execution and according to company standards of all menu items and line products. Maintain a safe and clean kitchen area.
- Prepare all menu items according to recipe requirements and adhere to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
- Ensure that all prepared food meets the standard of excellence of ABEA.
- Control & promote kitchen cleanliness by constantly "working clean".
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents by maintaining an orderly work station. Notify manager promptly of any problems.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Communicate ticket times and potential problems with service/kitchen staff and managers. Determine quick corrections to ensure constant food flow.
- Complete assigned work for stocking and setting up work station.
- Clean and sanitize on a routine basis.
- Assist Manager in maintaining kitchen equipment by performing routine checks according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper rotation of all products and stocks products to determined pars. Label & date all perishable items to ensure freshness standards are met.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. Take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative course of action which may be taken.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve to overall objectives of the position.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Obtain working knowledge of all equipment in the kitchen, including pilot lighting of all gas fired equipment, filter changing of all refrigeration systems & vent hood system operations.
- Keep Manager & supervisors promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Help create a positive working environment with positive actions.
- Perform all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Minimum 1 year operations experience.
- Lift and carry up to 70 lbs. Up to 20 times a shift.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Work frequently in a hot and damp environment.