TITLE: Line Cook
REPORTS TO: MANAGER
FLSA CLASS: Hourly Non-Exempt
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
In general, every McMenamins line cook will be asked to handle every task from the opening to the closing of the kitchen. Duties include, but are not limited to, the manufacture and presentation of all hot & cold food products. This may include salads, hot & cold sandwiches, pastas, hot & cold appetizers, pizzas, weekly specials, and sauté & grill items. Each line cook is responsible for the organization and cleaning of their work area. Being a line cook can be hard physical work, takes mental agility, and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. A line cook must have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee is expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamins employees will be expected to keep current on company events, history, and products. Other duties as assigned by the Manager on Duty (MOD).
Requirements of the Job:
- Obtain and maintain a current food handlers card
- Ability to accurately work with numbers, orders, and food specs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a high-volume, deadline-oriented work environment
- Flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Produce excellent quality food for customers
- Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person, if necessary
- Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and provide excellent food products in a high-volume environment
- Follow strict adherence to deadlines and product quality
- Ability to accurately follow recipes and food specs
- Work for long periods on feet with frequent walking and standing
- Perform repetitive movements such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting, and stooping
- Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, chopping, using kitchen equipment, as well as working with and around sharp objects, including knives and slicers
- Work in a hot kitchen and around various heat sources, including grills, broilers, and hot-oil fryers
- Ability to communicate clearly, be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers,
vendors, and customers
- Work with chemicals used in cleaning and sanitizing
- Complete dishwashing duties as needed
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude, a value for diversity, and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT