If you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you. The starting wage for this position is $17 per hour.
Reports To: Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef
General Purpose: Accurately and efficiently cooks hot food products and prepares and portions food products before cooking. Also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Understands the menu and techniques required to execute the dishes properly.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled shifts.
- Able to work as part of a team focused on a common goal.
- Possesses and brings in the proper tools to do the job: microplanes, knives, honing steel, tongs, spatula, saucing, and plating spoons (the restaurant provides any other necessary tools).
- Understands the importance of tasting and seasoning the food properly, no matter how simple the dish.
- Understands how to work with different forms of heat and cooking methods.
- Receives and applies criticism in a positive manner, even from fellow employees.
- Understands and has experience using different kinds of proteins, fruits, vegetables, grains, dry goods, spices, vinegars, etc.
- Actively learns through inquiry.
- Keeps a clean and organized workstation before, during, and post service.
- Knows station setup and pars to assist sous chefs in ordering and writing prep lists for the next day.
- Able to identify product quality and freshness.
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, and punctual.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read, and understand English.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c.
- Must pass a background check.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: