ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Line Cook your responsibility is to follow recipes and complete them to Company standards with the highest quality and craftsmanship while maintaining a clean, organized, and sanitized work area.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU MUST
- Be highly skilled cooking and preparing ingredients
- Have excellent knife skills
- Proven track record of adhering to recipe standards
- Have a passion for working with high quality and fresh ingredients
- Excel in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Thrive on teamwork
WHY YOU'LL LOVE BEING A LINE COOK AT POSTINO
Postino WineCafe has a rich culture of delivering the best hospitality experience in the restaurant industry. We are a growing brand with unlimited career advancement who will support your journey with exceptional beverage and culinary development. The working relationships you build today will be deep, meaningful, and long lasting. Lastly, we believe you should have a voice and be recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
- Meal Discounts & Perks
- 401K with company match
- Pursue Level 1,2 Sommelier & Cicerone Certification and be reimbursed upon completion
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision when eligible.
- Access to Teladoc services for all team members after 30 days eligibility.
- Enroll in Medical Benefits and get Fitness Discounts & Additional Mental Wellness Programs
- Celebrate the year with our annual company party
- Thanksgiving and Christmas off
WHO WE ARE
We are a restaurant group that thrives on creating authentic and inspiring experiences for the communities we serve. Through the contributions of countless incredible people, past and present, we're headed to the moon with a simple mission - to make people feel good. While no one on the team is quite like the other, it's our common values that keep us united.
- Be Authentic and Humble
- Act with Integrity
- Bring Good Energy
- Get Extraordinary Results
- Achieve as a Team
- Inspire with Hospitality
ABOUT POSTINO WINECAFE
Postino WineCafe started with a simple vision to create a place where we could all come together and connect. Inspired by adventures in Northern Italy, Postino - "Postman" in Italian, made its home in a vacant, 1940's brick post office. As we continue to grow, we look for historically relevant spaces to create one of kind gathering spaces that serve their communities.
Postino is disrupting the wine bar segment. Our vibe is fun, eclectic, inspiring yet familiar surroundings, offering high quality yet approachable wines paired with fresh and colorful bruschetta boards built for sharing. The menu is designed for sharing and pairing with our amazing wines with options for everyone.
Our mantra is come one come all. Our great service ambassadors are happy to walk our guests through our global wines, craft beer on tap, and awesome selection of Italian inspired small plates, panini's, cheese and meat boards, and salads.
- The position requires 1 year of full-service restaurant Kitchen cook experience. Internal candidates must be in good standing and free of performance issues including 1-year time-period. Combined work experience and education will be considered in decisions.
- Associate's degree in Culinary, Hospitality, Management, or Business preferred but not required
- State Food Handler's Management Certification is required
$16-18 per hour