Cherry Hills Country Club, founded in 1922, is a family friendly Club with over 690 members. Facilities include a renowned championship golf course, a full-service golf shop, driving range, practice facilities, halfway house, and Par 3 course: eight outdoor tennis courts incorporating two pickleball courts, tennis shop, a family pool complex with café, junior Olympic size swimming pool and an active children's club.
This is an exciting time to join our team. We look forward to re-opening our Clubhouse after a multi-million dollar renovation, celebrating our 100 year anniversary this June, and hosting the 2023 U.S. Amateur Championship in August this year!
The memberships mission is supporting the food and beverage department at the Club and are looking to build trust and confidence in someone that is passionate about launching exciting restaurants, and a food & beverage program with motivated staff and freestanding menus. The culinary professional that is selected will be someone who engages with staff and membership, a talented culinarian, and well-organized individual that enjoys being on a team. We are looking for passionate, dedicated, and driven individuals with attention to detail and a desire to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment. If you are interested in working in the culinary world, we would love you to help us in our mission statement to provide excellent service to all members and guests that dine with us.
What we offer:
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Employee Meals
- Golf Privileges
- Free Uniforms
- Free and Easy Parking
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Coworker Referral Bonus
- Potential for Seasonal Bonus
- Holiday Bonus
- Employee of the Month
The primary responsibility of a cook is to support in the day-to-day operations on a position assigned for service including food production, line cooking and uphold the highest level of food quality. The cook will maintain sanitation, and proper food handling.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Ensures all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are followed.
- Verifies that all standards of sanitation, cleanliness and nutrition are maintained throughout the kitchen at all times. Meets or exceeds all local, state, and federal standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
- Makes it a goal to consistently work each and every day to improve the quality and culinary standards of the Club.
- Prepare items according to standard recipes and procedures for member service
- Follow all state and local health and food safety regulations
- Follow all safety procedures for operating/cleaning machinery
- Coordinate and time orders with other kitchen operations.
- Work multiple locations/stations as needed
- Requisition product needed to produce menu items.
- Ensure that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and sanitary.
- Set-up, maintain and break down stations.
- Cover, date, and neatly store all leftover products that are re-usable.
- Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the line prep area and equipment.
- Open/Close the kitchen according to procedures.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Chefs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works seamlessly with dining room staff and all other employees and management to provide the highest-level service experience possible to the members and their guests.
- Maintains a neat and professional demeanor and appearance with an emphasis on personal service duties for the members and their guests.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the culinary leadership team of CHCC or those deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise)
- Knowledge of food product identification, preparation, and service techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of the highest levels of food preparation, food service, presentation, and culinary techniques.
- Knowledge of federal and state food service sanitation guidelines
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Possesses a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of basic culinary fundamentals
- Prior culinary experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Daily activities include setting and stocking the storerooms, walk-ins and cooking line which necessitates stooping, bending and moving heavy objects up to 50 pounds. Equipment used includes but is not limited to cutting knives, serving utensils, ovens, burners on ovens, dishwasher, meat grinder, food processor, and cleaning supplies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms, operate a computer or drive a golf cart or utility vehicle. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is constantly required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, organize or lift items. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk and communicate. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, attention to detail, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position offered at $20-$23 per hour (pay is negotiable).
Full-time eligible employees will be offered health benefits (including medical, dental, vision, Life & disability etc.), 401(k) after waiting period, seven paid holidays, paid vacation, and sick pay (after meeting eligibility waiting period.)
Cherry Hills Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. Background screening is conducted in conjunction with this hiring process.