Up to $20 P/hour FT/PT
Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary, great benefits and growth opportunities for our Team Members! Our culture thrives on developing and growing our team from within. Paid holidays and fun perks for ALL POSITIONS - Free movie passes, popcorn and soda and employee discounts. Vacation, sick leave, health insurance plus many other supplemental benefits for full-time employees.
LINE COOK - GENERAL SUMMARY
The Line Cook is part of the "heart of house" and oversees preparing dishes adhering to menu recipes. This is a high-volume kitchen where speed and accuracy is crucial. Uses kitchen equipment adhering to safety standards. May be responsible for expo, plating and garnishment for appealing dishes. The Line Cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud. Line cook II may have limited experience and may not know all stations and has less experience in a high-volume setting.
LINE COOK - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Objective: Prepares hot and cold dishes for guests
- Prepare dishes maintaining the highest quality and within recipe specifications to delight our guests.
- Will use broiler, fryer and other cooking equipment and utensils to prepare dishes made to order and with speed.
- Ensures proper portions are used to avoid waste and adhere to menu recipes.
- Moves with a sense of urgency and speed to keep up with high volume of tickets in order to prepare dishes in a timely manner for guests.
- During down time, preps items to assist with efficient kitchen operations.
- Keeps work station neat, clean, sanitized and stocked.
- Cross trains in different areas to learn all stations and assists where needed.
- May prepare food for the next day using prep list.
- Maintains kitchen area clean
- Uses clean as you go method and keeps his/her station clean in between shifts and during slow times.
- If closing, washes and cleans area and follows the closing checklist.
- Sweeps, mops and performs other cleaning side work when things slow down.
- Follows safety and sanitation standards
- Follows and adheres to all food safety handling protocols.
- Always wears gloves when handling food.
- Takes temperature of foods in accordance with local, state and internal protocols.
- Reports any quality issue to the KM or AKM.
- Ensures that all products taken from the cooler or freezer have appropriate labeling.
- Uses waste logs and adds any items thrown away is marked in the waste log.
- Cross train on different areas
- Able to work all stations and positions in the kitchen for efficiency.
- Attends all training session.
- May assist in training prep cook or more junior cook staff (Level II).
- Assists with deliveries, unloading, stocking and labeling and may assist with inventory.
LINE COOK - EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Line Cook I- HSD or GED preferred; Culinary certificate or degree and /or combination of education and experience. Must have at least 2 years of culinary experience in working all stations: Garde manage, broiler, fryer, sauté, sweet and savory experience
- Line Cook II- HSD or GED preferred ; less experience of 6 months are less; may have QSR fast food experience
- Basic knife skills required
- Food Safety Handling Certificate
- Gastronomical/culinary knowledge
LINE COOK - CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Food handler certification and/or ServSafe certification if applicable
LINE COOK - PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to work in very hot condition.
- Must stand on their feet for up to 10 hours with reasonable breaks and meal period.
- Able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to swoop, bend and reach.
- Manual dexterity required with use of knifes and other sharp objects.
- Must wear slip resistant and non-penetrable; water resistant shoes to avoid hazards of slips, trips, falls and other accidents.
Silverspot Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Silverspot Cinema also participates in E-Verify.