- Assist in the daily production of Restaurants, room service and outlet menus, as well as monitoring the day to day prep lists.
- Maintain and complete daily prep lists and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated areas
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation of hot and cold foods
- Produce recipes efficiently and consistently
- Team player with great attitude
- Ensures portion necessities and portion control for all food functions are recipes, especially high cost items
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
- Meet with Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties; return all food items to the proper storage areas; rotate all returned product wrap cover label and date all item being put away; straighten up organize all storage areas clean up and wipe down food prep areas reach ins/walk ins and shelves; return all unused and clean utensil/equipment to the specified locations; ice down hot items from the steam table so they cool quickly; turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift; restock items that were depleted during the shift
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments when necessary
- Attends mandatory monthly department meetings and appropriate resort and division meetings
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
- Reports to work on time as designated by posted schedule
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- High school education required
- At least one year kitchen/prep experience or one year of culinary school required
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English
- Must have complete understanding of the fundamentals of the culinary operation
- Must have any required certification to Handle Food
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be able to work with an around kitchen equipment
- Must provide own culinary knives
- Must be able to work with and around a diverse group of food, seasonings, etc.
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work at outdoor locations on occasion, walking on uneven surfaces;
- Must be able to work in either hot or cold conditions
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50+ lbs. & occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 75 lbs;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements constantly; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally
- Must be able to twist and bend frequently, and squat occasionally
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her superv