Job Description Summary
The Line Cook II prepares all food items while giving attention to cleanliness and sanitation, quality standards, taste, timeliness, and cost effectiveness with respect for fellow cooks and the hotel environment. Must be able to supervise Line Cook III
The ideal candidate has a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service.
- Must be able work in a fast-paced environment.
- Majority of work takes place indoors.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures - i.e. freezers, loading dock.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Frequent bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Expected Hours of Work
- Must be flexible to work variable days of the week to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts (days, nights, overnights).
- Ten to twelve hour shifts sometimes required.
Education and Experience
- Relevant experience in restaurant or hotel food preparation preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Produce all food orders in a timely and consistent manner in accordance with established quality standards. Test food to ensure quality and consistency of all meals served.
- Operate all kitchen equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Handle and store food items safely and keep work area clean and sanitized. Including all opening and closing duties.
- Adhere to established safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Adhere to uniform and grooming standards.
- Perform other duties or projects as requested by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Must be able to read recipes and follow their instructions.
- Employ math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, effectively with guests, vendors and co-workers.
WHO WE ARE
We are an organization made up of people, thoughts and ideas - all working towards fulfilling our simple mission: To wow every guest, team member, partner & community we operate in by delivering quality, value & amazing hospitality.
We will achieve our mission by being passionate about exceeding expectations - by being persistent, resilient, and constantly seeking new and creative ways to succeed. Doing the Right Thing and Going Beyond are our principles that guide everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Additional Job Information/Anticipated
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.