FOX SOB WEST, LLC - Atlanta, GA
$14.00 - $20.00 Hourly
Restaurant - Food Service
Fox Brothers B.B.Q. L.L.C. prides itself in offering the absolute best B.B.Q. possible. Furthermore, we take to heart our loyal customers by providing them with an experience that cannot be compared with any other company. Everyone who walks through our doors is both family and friend.
The smokehouse team is responsible for the preparation, production, and quality of our proteins during service hours. The smokehouse cook must be willing to become an expert in the use of our smokers and equipment. This position allows you to learn how to cook utilizing our various smokers and master the "low and slow" method of cooking using wood.
Schedule Requirements - Able to work flexible schedules due to the needs of the business, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Cooking/Smoking meat using wood smoker
- Communication with smokehouse team members, Back of House Manager regarding proteins status and availability
- Label all food items for food safety and shelf-life standards
- Rotates product according to "First In, First Out" to maintain shelf life standards
- Keeps smokers and smokehouse clean, sanitary and neat.
- Walk-in refrigerator and smokehouse is clean, organized and well maintained
- Ability to work under pressure
Daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job:
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, pours, carries, and pushes.
- Lifts and carries tubs, trays, and cases weighing up to 75 lbs. up to 20 times per shift.
- Frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and cold.
- Experience with cooking and smoking meat using wood (preferred)
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to work early morning (5:00 am)
- Self-motivated and assumes responsibility
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to read and write English