Delaware North Sportservice is hiring part-time Cook 3s to join our team at Coca Cola Roxy in Atlanta, Georgia . As a Cook 3, you will be a visible leader in the kitchen, partnering with the management team to deliver food to quality standards, train kitchen team members, and monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead costs.
Minimum pay rate: $18.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at .
We care about our team member's personal and professional well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Eligible team members may also receive: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Assist in training and coaching of other team members.
- Review menus and customer orders to determine type and quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions all food items.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor, and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Complete end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- At least 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house food-service position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6 to 7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms.
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.