The PantherDining Department at Georgia State University is seeking to hire a Cook II. This position excels in teamwork. The Cook II will be the Lead at the stations. Prepares and follows daily prep sheets and recipes according to Chefs and FoodPro. Monitors and controls product on lines. Maintains a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time. Demonstrates solid time awareness and time management.
WHAT MAKES GSU PANTHERDINING A GREAT PLACE?
- Flexible work environment
- Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, etc.
- A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with diverse partners.
- Professional development opportunity and mentorship.
- A rapidly growing center within an academic setting.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
This position excels in teamwork. The Cook II will be the Lead at the stations. Prepares and follows daily prep sheets and recipes according to Chefs and FoodPro. Monitors and controls product on lines. Maintains a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time. Demonstrates solid time awareness and time management. In addition to "other duties as assigned", this position may be required to be cross trained for another position and/or responsibility in order to provide both backup for a department as well as to supplement resources needed during certain times of the year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Shares recipe corrections to proper staff members.
- Works stations with a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- Works stations in a clean, organized, and sanitized manner.
- Utilized FIFO inventory practices, correct product labeling, and storage guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining food storage areas in a clean, organized, and sanitized fashion.
- Accurately adheres to and completes food production and service records.
- Completes and follows up on station checklists, side duties, and special clean ups as assigned.
- Adheres to set guidelines, policies, and time schedules.
- Prepares the next shift for success.
- Responds to customer needs with feedback to applicable personnel.
- Inspects food storage areas to reduce food waste and makes sure areas are in compliance with health code guidelines and department standards.
- Ensures the utilization of LeanPath for all discarded food waste by self and other staff, including Cook I's, Temporary Staff, and Students.
- Reports to proper staff member equipment concerns.
- Assists in the training and development of new employees.
- Participates in ongoing development and food safety training for staff.
This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties.
As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion the employee's direct supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent with two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
- ServSafe certified.
- Previous food service experience.
- Knowledgeable of intermediate knife skills, food safety and kitchen etiquette.
- Good writing and oral communication skills.
- Physical Requirements: Extended standing, walking, ability to bend, stoop, reach and climb ladders.
- Ability to work in all temperature conditions.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.