As the Health and Welfare Benefits Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the health and well-being of our employees through the efficient management and administration of health and welfare benefit programs. You will work closely with various stakeholders within the HR department to deliver comprehensive benefits packages that align with our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. Key Responsibilities:
- Benefits Administration: Manage the day-to-day administration of health and welfare benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and retirement plans.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with benefit plan vendors to ensure accurate enrollment, billing, and claims processing. Monitor vendor performance and recommend changes when necessary.
- Compliance: Stay current with federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to benefits administration, ensuring the company's compliance and reporting requirements are met.
- Employee Support: Serve as the primary point of contact for employee health and welfare benefits inquiries. Assist employees in understanding their benefits, resolving issues, and guiding them through enrollment.
- Open Enrollment: Plan and execute the annual open enrollment process, including communication, materials development, and employee education sessions.
- Data Management: Maintain accurate benefits data in HRIS systems, including employee records, benefit plan documents, and reporting.
- Cost Analysis: Conduct cost analysis and recommend optimizing benefit programs, balancing employee needs with cost-effectiveness.
- Policy Development: Assist in the development and implementation of benefits policies and procedures, ensuring they align with company goals and industry best practices.
- Training and Communication: Develop and deliver training sessions and communication materials to educate employees on benefit offerings and changes.
- Reporting: Generate regular reports on benefit program utilization, costs, and trends for senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in benefits administration In-depth knowledge of health and welfare benefit plans, compliance regulations, and HRIS systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a commitment to accuracy and data integrity.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel, and experience with HRIS software.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or similar, are a plus.