At the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton our single focus is to spread the Light & Warmth of Hospitality! From sharing in the Fun of a family vacation, to Welcoming a guest on a first-time business trip, our ‘Secret Sauce’ is our DoubleTree Team. The DoubleTree Family is made up of motivated new and experienced professionals that share a traveler’s love of adventure and new experiences. The only thing missing here is you! We need your vibe, your groove and your application today! At the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - If you want to work hard AND play hard – it matters where you work.
Apply Today and See the World Tomorrow!
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Division: Food and Beverage
Supervision Exercised: Restaurant employees, Banquet Employees, Room Service employees
Supervision Received: General Manager
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a banquet or event and partner with the Restaurant Manager on supervising the day-to-day operations of the dining facility and the Room Service Department. As the F&B Manager you will deliver revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff of oversight of Hotel Restaurant; Stephen’s American Grill, Hotel Bar; Bar 110 West and In-Room Dinning, Meeting and Events.
- Supervise, guide and direct Restaurant/Banquet/Room Service employees.
- Assist servers, bussers and hosts on the floor during all meal periods.
- Ensure that department goals are communicated, understood and met by Restaurant/Room Service employees.
- Ensure that Restaurant/Banquet employees/Room Service employees are trained on technical and service aspects of the job. (e.g., food or room preparation, customer service).
- Provide constructive feedback to Restaurant/Banquet/Room Service employees to help them to perform their jobs better.
- Accomplish restaurant Human Resources objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining Restaurant/Banquet/Room Service employees.
- Supervise daily restaurant and banquet operations, establishing and maintaining dining room and banquet policies and procedures.
- Monitor and inspect food and beverage deliveries.
- Inspect food and beverage outlets for proper storage, sanitation, security, neatness and rotation of inventory.
- Ensure that restaurant and banquet employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs. (e.g., supplies, equipment)
- Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste, ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Partner with the Executive Chef to continually collaborate on the performance of the menu, both on guest feedback & profitability.
- Ensure entire menu is available daily and hours of operation are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that function rooms are set-up in accordance with customer satisfaction by supervising set-up staff and inspecting function room.
- Conduct function review with customer; adjust specifications as necessary and perform follow-up to ensure all details are correct.
- Ensure the timeliness of all banquet activities.
- Collaborate with General Manager on achieving financial objectives by forecasting, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Meet restaurant and banquet operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans, productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
- Responsible for Guest Satisfaction in terms of food and beverage, hospitality and service standards.
- Responsible for engaging the guests at every table with friendly dialogue.
- Provide a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs and Health Department requirements.
- Establish and maintain an effective communication and information system through logs, emails, daily and weekly meetings, and open communication with all departments.
- Supervise and reconcile cash controls for each shift in attendance.
- Implement recognition programs and celebrate Restaurant/Banquet/Room Service employees’ performance contributions.
- Develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve the department’s performance.
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills, and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have previous Food and Beverage supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- The ability to respond to inquiries, handle complaints and create a sense of satisfaction to employees and guests.
- Prior experience in culinary field or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of safety programs and regulations.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
- Must have an unexpired Food Handlers Safety Certificate.
- Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Possess basic knowledge of business contracts.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
We are looking for team members who share our values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership, and Now.
- Our team members have the opportunity to travel around the world on their Paid off time for $35-$55 per night.
- We offer Benefits after 30 days of employment! Health, Dental, and Vision
- Employer paid Short Term and Long Term Disability!
- Paid Sick and vacation days that immediately start accumulating.
- FREE parking
HRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.