This is about YOU. Your passion, purpose, and potential. In you, we seek humility, drive, confidence, and curiosity. When you join the JOEY team, you can expect a warm, welcoming, exciting, and dynamic environment. We are committed to training, educating, and empowering our People, and we live by our culture of People Development. Our success is directly attributable to our exceptional, team-oriented, and performance-driven partners (employees).
As a Line Cook, you are responsible for preparing and delivering world-class culinary experiences to our guests. You operate with consistency and precision while utilizing preparation and cooking methods for a quick and distinct execution of our menu items. In this role, you will follow specifications and uphold the quality of products, while fostering a clean and safe environment. You are a master of your craft.
- Exude professionalism and Genuine Warmth and Care towards guests and fellow partners.
- Prep all ingredients and food products to fulfill prep lists, par levels, and recipe standards.
- Utilize various prep and cooking methods to ensure the quick, precise creation of our menu items in accordance with JOEY recipes. Wash, chop, cut, grill, roast, sauté, fry, etc. Coordinate with other stations.
- Develop knife skills for efficiency and safety.
- Communicate with the team to deliver perfect food coordination.
- Maintain prep and cooking areas in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
- Clean, organize, and maintain refrigerators, cooler drawers, ovens, prep and dry storage areas, etc.
- Complete assigned side work and closing duties to set your team up for success. Stock, clean, and organize line stations.
- Comply with all required food handling and workplace safety procedures.
- Follow all instructions and guidelines for safe usage of kitchen equipment and cleaning compounds. Report equipment problems and maintenance issues to leadership immediately.
- 1-3+ years culinary experience (If you have high potential but less experience, we still want to meet you!).
- Must have or be able to obtain valid local and/or state Food Handler permits.
- Possess a passion for hospitality and a proven track record of creating world-class hospitality experiences.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Successful employees at JOEY are genuine, warm, and caring.
- They value honesty and conduct themselves with integrity.
- They are comfortable providing and receiving feedback to achieve personal growth and performance excellence.
- They are natural problem solvers with an insatiable desire to positively impact individual and team execution.
- They are passionate about quality and professionalism.
- They possess exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- They encourage healthy and supportive competition within their team.
- They exude confidence, humility, and respect.
- They take pride in presenting a professional appearance and demeanor.
$18.99/hour + Tips
- Career development, education, and growth opportunities.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, medical reimbursement plan, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for benefit-eligible partners.
- Discounted employee shift meals with meal plans provided for all cooks.
- 10% discount for self and guests on all food and beverages when visiting any JOEY location.
- Discounted clothing retailer partnership.
- Referral bonus program.
- Sales competitions and rewards.
About JOEY Restaurants
The JOEY Restaurant Group exists to deliver the ultimate dining experience. Our handcrafted, locally, and globally inspired menu offerings are created by award-winning chefs and presented by world-class hospitality leaders in modern, warm, and lively environments. JOEY Restaurants has been family-owned and operated since 1992 and has grown into an iconic multi-concept brand throughout North America, with continued growth and expansion planned into 2030.
Our values shape every action we take and the decisions we make. JOEY Restaurants is all about opportunity and our ongoing success is attributable to our exceptional, team-oriented, performance-driven partners, who are constantly mastering their skill set. Our work environment is welcoming and inclusive, and our teams are passionate and creative. We embrace honesty and humility and are encouraged to fail forward and learn from our mistakes. Our industry-recognized performance-driven coaching culture paves the way for future leaders. Through ongoing coaching and mentorship, we directly impact the continuous learning, growth, and development of our partners throughout North America.
If you're looking for a place to meet your potential, we'd like to meet you. Roll up your sleeves YOUR journey starts here. JOEY Restaurants is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JOEY Restaurants provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees, including due to disabilities, medical conditions, and religious beliefs and practices.
JOEY Restaurant Group has an internal recruitment department and will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Unsolicited resumes sent to JOEY, its employees, and databases, will be considered the property of JOEY Restaurant Group. External recruitment agencies must establish a fully executed service agreement with JOEY's Human Resources department to submit resumes. JOEY will not pay fees to employment agencies who do not have an agreement in place. For contract inquiries please submit your request to .