Founded in 2005 as Hudson Yards Catering, Union Square Events is a culinary and operations leader in the hospitality industry, partnering with a diverse portfolio of best-in-class clients. We produce one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences in a variety of cultural, corporate, entertainment, and private venues throughout New York City and beyond.
Who you are: As a Back of House Team Member, you have a strong passion for food, technique, and an eagerness to learn more, which comes with the opportunity to build on your skills and grow as a leader in the kitchen. The ideal candidate is friendly, curious, and devoted to becoming an integral member of a team that values hard work and attention to every detail.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for all aspects of kitchen operations, including preparation, cooking, and portioning of food.
- Maintains and properly uses all kitchen equipment including fryers, blenders, food processors, mixers and rotisserie.
- Follows standard operating procedures of all recipes, techniques, and builds sheets of assigned dishes as taught by culinary leaders.
- Responsible for correct product storage of all food items, including labeling and dating procedures.
- Maintains a clear dish station including but not limited to chemicals, janitorial supplies, and health department standards and assists with deep cleaning schedule.
- Supports the team (Hospitality and Kitchen) whenever needed (e.g, call-outs, catering, etc.)
- Has intimate knowledge of Department of Health standards and uses them as a guide to keep kitchen spaces tidy, and to holds the team accountable.
What we need from you:
- 2+ years in a Line Cook position in a similar environment
- NYC Food Handlers License
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Proof of Hepatitis A vaccination
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you'll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $18/hr
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- HUGS Employee Relief Fund
The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.