Wahlburgers is a working class organization, rooted at a family's kitchen table where the only star is the food and the music is laughter and stories. We embrace loyalty, gratitude, excellence and community, sharing these values in our restaurants everyday. We like to have fun. We aim to make our guests smile. Our chef-inspired menu offers delicious burgers and so much more.
Job Title: Wahlburgers Line Cook
The Line Cook is responsible for supporting the Lead Chef and Back of House Manager to deliver high-quality, great tasting food; proper food safety and sanitation procedures and profitability. The Line Cook is responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
Accountable and Reports to: General Manager, Back of House Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner,
- Takes direction from the lead chef in the preparation of orders
- Works with service staff to ensure orders are completed according to request and on time.
- Ensures high standards of food safety and sanitation are followed
- Oversees food production for quality and cost standards
- Demonstrates proper use of equipment and cooking techniques
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other job related duties and special projects as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Ability to interpret and manage recipes to ensure compliance and minimize waste
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong passion for culinary excellence, wine knowledge and service
- Knowledge of systems, methods and processes that contribute to execution of food preparation.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, prolonged standing and walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
All kitchen equipment including: Cash register, fryers, ovens, stoves, grills, toasters, can opener, griddle, chargrill, slicer refrigerated food prep case, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice machine, coffee maker, scales, pop machine, calculator, computer ,steamer, Aloha POS System, etc.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Join our family