Summary: Supervises scheduled personnel during service and in the Manager's absence. Oversees and assists employee efforts to achieve maximum quality service and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, and other duties as assigned .
- Supervises restaurant staff daily in operations and procedures.
- Ensures that each area of the restaurant under their supervision is properly set up prior to service.
- Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations and assures side work and stocking is complete.
- Greets guests, and checks on guest satisfaction ("Touching Tables")
- Adjusts complaints of patrons by applying and following CS Venue's complaint guidelines.
- Assists in training employees in execution of their responsibilities.
- Maintains all health codes and sanitation requirements.
- Abides by CS Venue's grooming and hygiene policy, and holds staff accountable for adherence to these policies
Assists in supervising up to 25 restaurant employees in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include on-boarding and training employees; assigning, and overseeing tasks; assisting employees to achieve optimal performance; informing management of situations or problems that may require management intervention or response.
Qualification: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must have at least 1-3 years restaurant experience.
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates or Bachelor's degree from college or university; Culinary/Hospitality School; 1-3 years restaurant experience.
Read, speak, understand and write English, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively. Knowledge of Spanish and other languages a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, gratuities and service charges, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Knowledge of Exchange/Outlook, Excel spreadsheet and word processing software. Experience with POS systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand and sit, talk, hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees of On-Mountain venues must be able to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level and pass an on-mountain assessment. Employees must be able to function effectively at 10,000 feet above sea level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. These work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The pay rate for this position is $20.00-$22.00/hr tips
Benefits include paid sick leave, ski pass, dependent passes (for full time commitment), discounted lift tickets, lift tickets at other CO resorts, discounted employee shuttles and discounted meals and lodging and ski school discounts