The Slope Grooming Department is seeking to fill multiple positions for Cat Operators and Winch Cat Operators for both Swing and Graveyard grooming shifts. We have one of the newest and best-maintained fleets of snocats, and exclusively operate the premier model of snocat: Pisten Bully. We have a mixed fleet of 400 and 600 models, and several 600 Winch Cats. Experience preferred. Competitive wages. 40hours/week. Employee housing may be available. Free ski pass, with the opportunity and encouragement to ski every day. Operators must be focused on safety, quality, and equipment care. The work is challenging, demanding, and very rewarding. Telluride Ski Resort has the best grooming in North America on one of the best ski resorts in North America; we consistently maintain high standards and happy crews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pre-checks Snow Cat and other equipment before shift.
- Operates Snow Cat on all mountain terrain.
- Assists Foreperson with training of new personnel.
- Assists Foreperson in all manner of Grooming projects.
- Assists Foreperson with leading crews and creating grooming patterns.
- Adheres to Grooming policies and procedures.
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest's expectations.
- Supports TSG Ski & Golf sustainability initiatives.
- Adheres to TSG Ski & Golf policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and adheres to Skier Responsibility Code and Colorado Skier Safety Act.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Motor Vehicle operation and valid Driver's License
- Previous heavy equipment experience, preferable on steep slopes
- Basic understanding of ski area operations
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or GED (General Education Degree)
Prior heavy equipment experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have a thorough understanding of slope and grade planning.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Also thorough understanding of cause and effect as it pertains to the movement of material, stockpiling of material, and work flow.
Must be able to use and understand touch screens, tablets with basic software
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be able to function effectively at elevations of 10,000 feet or higher.
- Must be able to function effectively in inclement weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The pay rate for this position is $20hr.
Benefits include paid sick leave, ski pass, dependent passes (for full time commitment), discounted lift tickets, lift tickets at other CO resorts, discounted employee shuttles and discounted meals and lodging and ski school discounts