FULL-TIME YEAR ROUND POSITIONS AVAILABLE
This is where we're supposed to give you a quick introduction about working at Jay Peak. Except there's nothing quick about what your experiences will be or what our expectations are. In summary, we will expect you to work hard, to help fellow teammates, to service the guest and to have fun. In return, we will pay you fairly, let you know (and more importantly make you feel) that you are valued, and, if you're so inclined, work with you to help create a career. Still interested? Keep reading.
The Retail Food Services Supervisor directly responsible for all cafeteria/snack bar/pizzeria/coffee shop/deli functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Required to attend Liquor Control Board Seminar.
- Organizes, directs, and evaluates the work of others.
- Responsible for the use of leftover food to minimize waste.
- Conducts daily quality checks of food items before service.
- Inspects kitchen and dining area to ensure sanitary standards.
- Assigns and coordinates work of employees
- Maintains effective communication with customers and staff.
- Controls product turnover/waste.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of each facility.
- Oversees the quality of all hot food items and daily specials.
- Responsible for monthly inventory.
- Prepares daily orders of product.
- Able to fill in for any position in the outlet when busy or if an employee misses work.
- Knowledge of quantity of food preparation to minimize waste.
WHY WORK AT JAY PEAK?
We're a team of good-natured folks at the heart and soul of a growing resort community. Our co-workers are our friends, so we happily go the extra mile for each other and our guests. We're rewarded fairly for our collective efforts and encouraged to pursue individual goals. We're a family, one that gets to choose its members. We strive for an authentic, community driven Resort that derives its vitality from the on-mountain experience, respect for its history & what has come before it, and its employees whose energy and spirit are its foundation. It's not for everyone but we're not looking for everyone-we're looking for you.
IF YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Wages starting at $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Paid Sick Time
- 401k program eligibility with employer match after a year of employment with 1,000 hours of service
- FREE or deeply discounted season passes for you and your dependents
- Employee Recognition Programs (including daily, monthly, yearly, and seniority programs)
- Seasonal employee parties
- Regular free employee breakfasts/lunches, family events, and parties
- For a full listing of employee perks both on and off-property, click here
Jay Peak Resort is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Jay Peak Resort will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities may be provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, or for a full listing of all physical demands/requirements, working conditions, environment, and all other ability qualifications for this role please contact the Human Resources office at or .