Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in industry or full-service restaurant cooking
- Ability to prepare and follow Holiday recipes
- Effective communication in English and excellent customer service skills
- General knowledge of and ability to conform to sanitation and safe food handling practices
- Basic Computer skills preferred
In the role of Cook and member of the Dining Services team, you will be responsible to prepare nutritious, appetizing, and attractive meals for our residents and ensure a smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Review menus and food-production instructions and prepare meals following Holiday menus and recipes while ensuring portion-control standards.
- Oversee preparation and set-up of serving carts to serve nutritious food, attractively garnished in a punctual manner.
- Follow food safe handling procedures in preparation as well as proper procedures for covering, labeling, dating, and storing food.
- Ensure logs are accurately completed in a timely manner. i.e., refrigerator, freezer and production sheets)
- Follow Holiday sanitation standards by effectively cleaning while working, including preparation and serving areas, pots and pans, kitchen surfaces, walls, and floors, using appropriate cleaning schedules and charts.
- Focus on resident satisfaction and resolve any food-compliant issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The wage range for this position is $18.00/hr - $21.60/hr, dependent on prior work history and experience