As a Kitchen Cook you would be overseeing the culinary operations in the kitchen section by following standards and procedures. Responsible for food production and quality control for food items prepared in the kitchen.
Also, responsible to create exceptional cuisine for the kitchen section of banquet menu as well as for other food and beverage outlets. Take care of all physical aspects of the kitchen operation, preparation and serving of food, equipment maintenance and cleaning, quality control and cleanliness of work area.
Kitchen Banquet Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the consistency of various preparations within the cold kitchen to ensure quality product and adherence to standard recipes.
- Prepares all food according to recipes, guidelines and standards set by the Executive Chef.
- Always keep all refrigeration, equipment, storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control.
- Delegates and assists in preparing of food items like salads, cold cuts, salad dressings etc.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Effectively communicate with other chefs and service staff in order to full fill and address any issues or needs of front of the house.
- Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes leftovers, ensures proper rotation and quality control.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Establish and oversee the production of bulk foods as needed.
- Responsible for assisting Executive Chef in maintaining the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of their areas.
- Assists Executive Chef in monitoring training of new employees to help them achieve higher status.
- Assists Executive Chef in monitoring and enforcing Company and Departmental safety policies, Health Department Standards and all other applicable.
- Strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested by the management.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Working knowledge of knives and knife skills.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment like slicing machine, juicer, small wares etc.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s degree in culinary or culinary diploma or equivalent with experience is preferred. Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
At least 5 years of Culinary Management experience in a full-service, banquet/catering kitchen.
Pay: $17.00-$19.00 per hour