Turtle Bay Resort on O'ahu's North Shore is one of Hawaii's most unique destinations, located at the epicenter of set after set of activities, events, and adventures. Complete with the finest accommodations and amenities suited for the entire family, Turtle Bay is where the "7-Mile Miracle" of world-class surf begins, and the lineup is endless. We are looking for a well-seasoned General Manager for our Alaia, Off the Lip lobby bar, and Cafe Ho'olana. The General Manager will direct, implement, and maintain a service culture providing excellent service to our Guests and will report to the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, and the Director of Food and Beverage of the resort.
- Hires and trains restaurant staff in accordance with Forbes standards, the collective bargaining agreement and resort policy.
- Organizes and oversees the staff schedules.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles selection, onboarding, coaching, investigations and disciplinary action of employees in accordance with CBA and resort policy.
- Manages all aspects of the Alaia restaurant, Off-the-Lip lobby bar, and Ho'olana Café.
- Oversees food preparation, ensuring compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards. Conducts daily inspection of restaurants and equipment to ensure compliance with the State of Hawaii department of health food safety program.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with all aspects of the restaurant and dining experience. Handles customer complaints, resolving issues in a diplomatic, timely, and courteous manner.
- Ensures compliance with alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Proficient in food and beverage costs.
- Knowledgeable in marketing and public relations. Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with purchasing department, food and beverage financial analyst and Director of Food and Beverage.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing.
- Periodically evaluates restaurant equipment for repairs and maintenance, schedules for service.
- Collaborates with chefs to develop appetizing menus.
- Maintains sales records and tracks cash receipts.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prepares and submits operations reports and other documentation requested by the Assistant and Director of Food and Beverage.
- Collaborates with team to create a culture in a restaurant work environment based upon respect; fosters opportunities for team to learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- Leads management team, ensures that service standards are set to the highest level in hospitality. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant and hotel policies.
- Accomplishes resort human resources objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management, and staff.
- Communicates job expectations and enforcing policies and procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned by leadership committee and upper management.
- Must have experience working with a Union under a CBA
- Must have extensive wine knowledge.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Understands Profit & Loss/ General Ledger reports and who is goal oriented to drive revenue and be a responsible for expenses, costing, labor critique, etc.
- Understands completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Offers positive solutions to problems or issues and be a voice that part of the decision-making team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be available to work flexible hours to include days, nights, weekends, holidays.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 - 5 years of managerial experience required; high volume and fine dining environment management experience is preferred.
- Luxury hotel experience a strong plus.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite. Prior experience accounting software, POS systems, and various hospitality computer programs
- Successful completion of corporate training program required.
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly.
- Extended periods of time working on the floor of the restaurant as well as assisting other Food & Beverage outlets of the resort.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Manages by being present on the floor.
- Individuals must be able to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Turtle Bay Resort provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.