Ho-Chunk Inc. Management Services on behalf of Sweetwater Cafe is seeking a full-time Barista. The Barista will be responsible for making and serving beverages such as premium organic coffees and teas; and assisting with food preparation and service. They will be responsible for taking customer orders and payments. To be successful the Barista will also clean and sanitize their work areas, seating areas and equipment/tools. A professional that fulfills any additional duties as needed. The position is based in Blackstone, VA at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC).
- Greet customers as they enter.
- Generate customer satisfaction; responds appropriately to customer concerns.
- Take orders while paying attention to details:
- e preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios
- Receive and process cashless payments.
- Prepare and serve beverages and food items such as soups, sandwiches and pastries.
- Answer customers' questions about menu choices.
- Promote and recommend menu options to customers.
- Assist in the opening and/or closing of the café.
- Assist with the baking, food prep and catering
- Practice basic safety procedures with respect to equipment and handling hot beverages.
- Keep the work environment sanitary and organized.
- Communicate with coworkers and management to solve problems and improve quality and service.
- Work with coworkers and management to effectively implement change.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Customer/client focus.
- Excellent stress management and ability to maintain composure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time must be able to push and pull up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work indoors 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, day-shift.
None required for this position.
- One (1) year prior retail store experience preferred.
- Prior barista experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience making espresso drinks desired.
- Previous work experience as a Barista or Waiter/Waitress.
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment desired.
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to gauge customers' preferences.
- Reliable transportation and a working phone
- Maintain a valid Driver's License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a PUBLIC TRUST security clearance.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.