Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort in Olympic Valley, CA
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades Tahoe
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Job Summary: Provides an engaging customer experience through friendly and efficient service. Demonstrates excellent customer service, provides product knowledge to the customer, with focus primarily in the areas of boot fitting and ski/binding selection.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide all customers and employees with top quality customer service in all situations at all times
- Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they enter the store.
- Direct customers throughout the store or to the specific area the customer requests.
- Determine the specific needs of each person that enters the store and provide appropriate service.
- Biomechanical analysis of clients
- Molding custom insoles
- Recommend appropriate ski boots based on ski ability and foot type
- Customize ski boot shells and liners
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for growth
- Give accurate and current information about the product for all inquiries; if the correct information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the customer leaves the store
- Operate the cash register; it should be each employee's goal to use the register without error and to be consistently accurate in money handling.
- Check stock daily and restock when necessary to ensure that all products are available for customers
- Perform merchandising duties: folding, hanging, and displaying product according to retail merchandising standards.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized floor and back-stock area.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience of selling and customizing boots, or an understanding of the biomechanics of skiing.
- Experience with Sidas or similar drop-in and custom footbed fabrication preferred.
- Knowledge of modification of any boot shells and liner (grinding, punching, stretching).
- Knowledge of technical and non-technical aspects of various ski hardgood brands
- One to three months' customer service or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge or experience with Lange, Nordica, K2, Tecnica, Salomon, Head, Atomic, Volkl, Blizzard, Marker, and other ski brands.
- Experience with a POS system
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Base hourly pay range: $18.68- $24.28 per hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8-hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: POS system
For information on Alterra Mountain Company's Social Responsibility work including our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion actions, please see our webpage at Among other resources, Alterra has Employee Resource Groups to support the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color), disability, LGBTQIA2S+, and women communities within our workforce.