Summary of Position: The Barista is to ensure consistency in our service and product. The Baristas responsibilities are to make sure products are prepared to the highest level of quality, speed, and guest service to ensure customer satisfaction. Duties must be performed in a conscientiously, company-oriented manner, ensuring customer satisfaction. This position is expected to communicate and coordinate effectively with the Gift Shop Supervisor and F&B Director.
- Deliver joy to our customers every day.
- Arrive to work showered, groomed and in dress code attire.
- Customers are to be greeted within 5 seconds of entering.
- Prepare and dispense coffee and non-alcoholic beverages for lounge and restaurant patrons.
- Reconcile revenues and deposits by shift.
- Prepare and dispense drinks and food as requested.
- Maintain and stock gift shop items.
- Advise supervisor of needed product and inventory.
- Maintain and clean: Counter area, product displays, espresso machine, and shop area.
- Have knowledge about gift shop inventory
- Be helpful with customer questions.
- Responsible for daily deposits to accounting.
- General Report Status; accounting of cash and credit sales.
- Prepare following shifts bank.
- Report monetary discrepancies to manager.
- Side work and other duties as requested by manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work POS system, accountable for all cash and credit card sales during shift.
- Sociable; able to communicate and follow directions.
- Physical stamina; able to stand for 8 hours.
- Work well under pressure.
- Good memory (able to remember customers' names and drinks they order).
- Familiar with sanitation procedures and guidelines.
- Must possess neat handwriting skills and understand basic math.
- Must speak English fluently
- Baristas should be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Should be physically capable to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds.
- Baristas also need to occasionally use ladders, stairs and ramps and they must reach, turn, and perform precision work around the bar area.
- They should have good listening and listening skills, as they receive detailed information about drink orders spoken by customers.
- Good near and far vision is also a requirement.