Who Are We Looking For?
Interior Health is looking for a Permanent Full Time team member to work in a dual Cook and Food Service Worker II position at the Invermere and District Hospital! The successful candidate must fully meet the qualifications for both a Cook and Food Service Worker, and available to work 37.5 hours per week on rotating schedule of day shifts (including weekends and holidays when required) that consist of the following shift times: 06:30 to 14:30, 06:30 to 14:43, 10:17 to 18:30, and 10:30 to 18:30.
What Will you Work On?
• Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas;
• Plans preparation and cooking schedule;
• Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as, soups, sauces, salads, starches, meats and other protein menu items, vegetables and desserts;
• Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas;
• Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste;
• Cleans cooking area and equipment;
• Assigns tasks to designated food service workers and provides related training and orientation;
• Checks returned diet trays for items not consumed and makes substitutions according to therapeutic diet;
• Portions out and serves food and beverages within dining areas;
• Performs other related duties.
Food Service Worker Duties:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
• Collects and unloads food service wagons;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
• Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
• Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
How Will You Create Impact?
If you want to make a positive impact within your community, consider joining our team today! At Interior Health we strive to work together to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities, inspired by innovation and partnership to elevate the health and well-being for all. You can make a real difference within our Support Services teams, click here learn more
How Will We Help You Grow?
At Interior Health there is room to grow! While many of our Support Services positions may start as casual or temporary, there is an abundance of opportunity from within to grow your career and to secure permanent and/or temporary work. Interior Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid vacation (minimum 4 weeks to start for full time) and Municipal Pension Plan for eligible employees.