Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Job Purpose: To tend laundering machines to clean articles such as wearing apparel, sheets, blankets, and other linens used by the hotel and guests.
- Load articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent.
- Turn valve to fill washer with water.
- Start machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
- Lift clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and driers for measured time cycles.
- Sort dried articles according to identification number or type.
- Fold and place item in appropriate storage bin.
- Iron all table linens.
- Lubricate machines, using grease gun and oil can.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow instructions.
- Adjust to doing the same thing over and over.
- Move or lift heavy objects.
- Familiarity of the material safety data sheet when using chemicals and safety rules when working around machinery
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
Range of pay is $17-$18 p/hour