The mission of Knute Nelson is to enrich the lives of everyone we serve.
- On-call Dining Attendant, working 1-2 shifts per week
- Provide coverage as needed
- Hours are 4PM-7PM
- Supporting our Care Center facility
Obtaining the COVID-19 vaccination, or medical or religious exemption, is a requirement of employment for this position.
- Must create a pleasant atmosphere for residents in the dining rooms.
- Must meet the needs of the residents in a timely matter to ensure quality care and customer service.
- Responsible for setting/clearing tables and arranging seating, setting flatware. Ensure glasses and coffee cups are free of water spots and stains. Responsible for cleaning dining room between and after meal service. Responsible for gathering soiled items from tables, carts, trays and satellite dining areas and performing dish and utensil washing.
- Responsible for maintaining and organization of clean dishes by putting them away in proper locations. Assist in cleaning tables and chairs, vacuuming dining areas, sweeping and mopping kitchen floor areas.
- Perform all daily tasks in accordance with sanitary, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have experience in a service-oriented profession preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions accurately.
- Must have a patient and positive outlook towards the elderly.
- Must have the ability to work effectively independently and as a team.
- Must have the ability to work with a variety of residents with differing values, attitudes, capabilities and dispositions.
- Must complete and pass a state required background study.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
- Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors.
Culinary Supervisor, Dining Attendant Lead
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Knute Nelson's policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Knute Nelson is committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career advancement. Knute Nelson also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.