Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Complete all opening and closing duties designated on the daily "duties list."
- Review specials, take food orders, and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
- Place food servings on plates or trays according to orders or instructions.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages (depending on location).
- Periodically check tables to assess overall satisfaction and provide for additional requests.
- Remove trays and stack dishes for return to kitchen after meals are finished or as dishes are no longer needed.
- Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Ensure dining room is clean and reset after meal service in preparation for the next meal.
- Stock serving stations or dining areas with food or supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate safe practices by utilizing tools and equipment according to instruction and applying proper body mechanics while engaging in physical activity.
- Prior experience in a dining and/or customer service setting preferred.
Portions of work may be performed within confined kitchen quarters with high temperatures.
Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling of materials.
Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
Position requires long periods of standing.
Occasional overtime may be required