H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation, operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $31.3 billion. H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Production Representative, you'll provide our Customers with fresh, made in store product, like salads, sandwiches, and pizzas, and maintain department and food safety / sanitation standards.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner- owned' means our most important resources People drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE willingness to deliver fast, fresh, and friendly customer service and teamwork with a great attitude?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS commitment to using and improving your culinary skills?
PASSION FOR RESULTS drive to support your Team's focus on excellence and customer satisfaction?
We are looking for:
- culinary training / work experience and food preparation experience (preferred)
- communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What is the work?
Production / Food Service:
- Cuts, slices, dices, chops, food for recipe preparation; preps in accordance with recipe specifications and SOPs
- Packages, labels, stock, rotate made in store products
- Completes tasks at assigned workstation
- Assists in multiple food preparation areas
- Assists in technical areas and with catering orders, as needed
- Performs other duties as needed
Food Safety / Sanitation:
- Complies with H-E-B food safety and sanitation standards
- Properly handles / maintains temperature integrity of all ingredients, product, and equipment operation
- Maintains sanitation in food preparation areas
- Properly handles, operates, and maintains equipment
- Performs as a team member to help ensure a safe, clean, productive operation
- Provides internal customer service
- Assists Customers as needed
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Experience in food preparation and equipment (preferred)
- Related experience (preferred)
- Culinary certification, or equivalent combination of culinary training / work experience (preferred)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Production Representative?
- Culinary knowledge
- Understanding of nutritional values and ingredients
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Reading and writing skills
- Ability to execute high-volume production
- Ability to keep open availability to accommodate rotating shifts including frequent evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment
- Work extended hours and / or rotating schedules
- Safely maneuver around moving mechanical parts
- Constantly stand, walk, reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic materials
- Occasionally walk, reach at overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, climb stairs, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements, shoulder circumduction
- Occasionally be exposed to wet, cold, heat, ambient temperatures, and loud noise
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 55 lbs, and manage in excess of 80 lbs with a team lift
While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
It is Partners' responsibility to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.