Inclusive of tips, earn up to $12 - $15 per hour (depending on day of week/shift)
Benefits & Perks:
- Educational Assistance with DeVry University with complimentary laptop
- Immediate Family Members are also eligible
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- 401(k) retirement savings with company match
- Flexible Schedule
- Meal Discounts - 50% Off
- Development Pathway: Step by step process to grow your career
- Employee Discount Program for a variety of items and needs
- Necessities, such as mobile and computer discounts
- Travel, such as hotel discounts
- Entertainment, such as Six Flags/White Water and Disney discounts
Huddle House is unique in their communities; a special bond grows between team members in the restaurants and members of the community, a bond not seen in most other chain restaurants. Our Company Purpose reflects this unique element of the Huddle House dining experience:
Bringing Friends and Families Together, over Delicious Food, Served from the Heart.
Our Guiding Principles
- Excellence Obsessed
- Service Driven
- People First
- Passion Fueled
- Accountability Focused
At Huddle House, we believe it's "YOUR HOUSE. YOUR KITCHEN." Huddle House is the place where the guest is the boss. We're giving friends and families across America a place that gives them exactly what they want: freshly prepared food, any way they like it. Whether it's a quick bite before work, or a place to sit, chat and laugh with family and friends, we tell guests: "Get comfortable this is YOUR HOUSE and YOUR KITCHEN".
As a member of the Huddle House Team, you are a brand steward, the driving force that brings this unique experience alive to all of our guests and business partners. We take great pride in selecting candidates for our open positions, and we thank you for your interest in Huddle House.
The Restaurant Server will oversee the day to day operation of first class customer service and food service in the restaurant. The incumbent will be responsible for properly receiving food orders and conveying food orders to cook staff. Prompt food delivery to the customer as well as cleanliness of the assigned serving section. This person will be expected to provide excellent customer service at all times and will be a strong teammate to our franchise partner.
- Report to work on time in a clean and complete proper uniform
- Greet all customers with a smile and a verbal greeting, "GOOD MORNING" or "WELCOME TO HUDDLE HOUSE".
- Review menu with customers when needed, suggestively sell products and take order from each customer at the table
- Using proper, approved abbreviations submit ticket to the cook's station and deliver food in a timely manner to the customer when food is cooked.
- Handle money from customers; ring up tickets using the POS system and make proper change.
- Account for all tickets, credit cards receipts, and make sure that all tickets have been rung up and closed before shift is over.
- Complete the position checklist while stocking and preparing the unit for the next shift.
- Using all tools provided by the manager keep the store clean at all times, including but not limited to: bussing tables, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms and walls.
- Bring all items of concern to the attention of the manager immediately, especially safety concerns and customer service complaints.
- Know the menu, the daily features when applicable, which juices, add-ons and desserts to suggestively sell.
- Know and follow the Huddle House steps of service with each and every guest to maximize shift sales
- Practice all rules for safety food handling cash security and all other restaurant policies.
- Perform all prepping and cleaning duties as detailed or assigned by supervisor
- Make a difference in food cost by controlling waste and portion control
- Perform all duties with a sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all restaurant staff
- Some previous restaurant experience preferred
- "Can do" attitude and willingness to be at your during your shift
Restrictions Apply. If a student does not remain enrolled through the third week of their first session, they must purchase the selected laptop. See Terms and Conditions for details.
Must meet plan eligibility.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.