Come and join the Grand Hyatt DFW Banquet Teamas an Assistant Banquet Manager supporting the Banquet/Event Services operation. Our upscale hotel is located in Terminal D in the DFW Airport, featuring 298 guest rooms with runway views and international cuisine offerings. We pride ourselves with top-ranking customer service achievements and recently named by the 2023 DFW Airport as Customer Experience Excellence Award because of our commitment to the guests and colleagues we serve.
Benefits & Perks:
As a colleague, we have you covered with awesome benefits and perks. Some of those include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits offered at 30 days of employment
- Complimentary on-site hotel covered parking at the DFW Airport in Terminal D
- 401k options and company match
- Discounted and complimentary hotel accommodations anywhere in the world
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays, Sick Time & Vacation
- Discount partnerships with cell phone, car rentals, entertainment partnerships
What does the ROLE entail?
- Goal of the Assistant Banquet Manager: Effectively and proactively monitors the daily functions of the Banquet/Event Services department. This is including providing direct oversight of the following departments: Banquets/Event Services and Event Set Up while supporting the Stewarding department. This also includes working and communicating closely with all hotel departments and to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience
- Support and Manage the Banquet/Event Services department while working closely with the Event Sales and Event Planning team as well as other hotel operating departments.
- Supervise, empower, lead, coach and motivate the events team towards achieving exceptional guest service results and colleague engagement.
- Ability to assist the hotel in reaching top service scores on our Meeting Planner and guest surveys.
- Ensure thorough communication and understanding with guests and other departments. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions, meetings, and food service while maintaining standards of food and beverage specifications.
- Responsible for proactively reviewing staffing and equipment needs.
- Responsible for ensuring coordination and execution of all events between Banquets/Event Services, Event Set Up, Culinary, Stewarding, Event Sales and Event Planning, and Beverage.
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance.
- Responsible for developing innovative and creative ideas to enhance the food & beverage function.
- Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
- Administrative tasks may include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions
- Performing daily walk-throughs in all function space, storerooms, and outlets to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
- Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
- A minimum of 1-2 years of hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
- Previous experience as a Assistant F&B Manager or Banquet Supervisor is preferred
- Strong and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organization, interpersonal and administrative skills
- A fun and energized person with a creative mindset
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Full-Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends, holidays and, a varied schedule
Our Values: Respect Integrity Humility Empathy Creativity Fun Grand Hyatt DFW is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.