Opportunity: Banquet Supervisor
Supervise the operation for all dining services. Ensure that all activities are consistent with and support of the banquet & catering standards. Assist the Director of Banquets in aiding the staff to meet their job expectations.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Manager - Banquet Director - Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with training, scheduling, and coaching associates.
- Support Banquet director in daily operations of banquet & catering through developing a high energy, guest service focused team through leading employees in customer service and managing resources.
- Monitor guests service in meeting, conference, breaks and dining experience and take action to ensure service goals and satisfaction levels are attained.
- Support and demonstrate banquet & catering standards, ensuring that guest service is always in the forefront of the banquet operation and implementing plans to improve service levels with measurable goals and benchmarks.
- Collaborate with banquet chef to improve food expediting process for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Maintain a strong presence by visiting every meeting space at least once during the experience.
- Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and associates.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently presented and served according to the restaurant's and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, and quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with banquet policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
- Continuously strives to develop staff and follow up opening & closing check lists.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Cohesive planning beverage ordering, serving inventory process.
- Maintain beverage inventory process, and avoid pilferage and waste.
- Always maintain accuracy of the billing and cash transaction process.
- Keep front of the house and back of the house areas cleaned and organized as per department standards.
- Communicate operational information to associates in a timely manner.
- High School or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in supervisory role in a restaurant or banquet setting.
- Possess or have ability to obtain Food Handlers and Tips Certification within six months of commencement of employment.
- Experience with point of sales system strongly preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge with the ability to use Word and Excel.
- Must have working knowledge of types of room set-ups, capacities to relation-type of event.
- Must have interpersonal and sales-related skills.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working varied shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing up to 198.5 pounds, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- On occasion, work in freezers (temperatures of -10 F) and kitchens (of 90 F) for one or more hours.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence - Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
To see other opportunities at this location, click here.
UltiPro Location Description: 950 Lake Carillon Dr St. Petersburg Florida 33716 US
External Company URL: